Land Rover LR3 HSE Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
Just bought a 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE and i need to buy new tires all around it has Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires on the vehicle do any of you recomend other tires besides these or should i just re purchase them... scorpion zero have really bad reviews in discounttire.com this is why i ask

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the use expected? Are you going to take it off-road? Your question is very open-ended.

If you just want great mileage get the Michelin Lattitudes in the stock size and call it good...

RoverMike

Reaction score
yeah good milage and comfterble ride ....thanks for the tip Houm WA

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Michelin Latitudes. It's an awesome on road all weather tire. It wears well too. We got nearly 50K on our last set, before we went to Cooper Zeons.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Michelin Synchrones which are a lot like the Lattitudes and have put about 60k on them....and I can do 5k more probably.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread jack, but not entirely - I'm about to take delivery also on an 06 LR3. The most off-road it's going to see is driving onto a beach, which can have deep and soft sand, mixed in with typically rocky and gritty New England 'sand'. What rubber recommendations can you give knowing this? Aside from the beach off-roading, the car will be used to back a small sailboat into similarly situated waters and driving on paved surfaces.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which rims do you have? If an SE with 18" ones, I love my Nitto Terra Grapplers. Very refined on road but good off road too. I have them on my Jeep too.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they're 18" as well - I'll check out the Nittos - thanks for the reply.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE and i need to buy new tires all around it has Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires on the vehicle do any of you recomend other tires besides these or should i just re purchase them... scorpion zero have really bad reviews in discounttire.com this is why i ask

Lot of good 19" tire info in this thread;
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18093

I have Pirelli's now.
I think if/when I need another set, I'll get Michilins again.

I'm having some vibration at highway speeds and I'm really not sure if it is the tires or the differential. My mechanic is biased against Pirellis so he thinks it is the tires. Only happens when I take my foot off the gas, so don't take this as a bad Pirelli review. I do like their tread better for offroad use than I did the Michilin's which were pretty slick.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Cooper Zeon LTZ 19 in. Hopefully they'll work out great. $919 shipped

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9