Late Notice Opportunity - Dipped in Green Training event this Sunday - 5/16/2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OffRoving.com is phasing out it's Dipped in Green training program. We are conducting one of our last sessions this Sunday. We have one slot available due to rescheduling.

We will be conducting the training in Southern California, in the Eastern Big Bear area of the San Bernadino Mountains.

If you are interested, PM me for details.
This is a fee-based event.

Trip Overview and Goals:
The Dipped in Green experience is an opportunity to learn everything you need to know about basic vehicle technology, dynamics, systems, and how they help your Land Rover tackle the world’s toughest extremes with ease. It’s important to have guidance so we make sure you get as much attention and patience as you desire to make the experience meaningful, and memorable. For this reason, the training agenda will be flexible, and tailored to topics and items of greatest interest to you. Along the way, we will make sure you learn how to choose an appropriate approach and departure, show you how to safely recover a stuck vehicle, including hands on practice with recovery straps, electric winches, and HiLift and other equipment.

211889350_jXhAU-L.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh good old Gold Mountain.

No, I considered GM, but it's too short and the fun parts are few in number and not well laid out for training (route finding, angles, recovery, etc..), plus there's often too much traffic on it.

The location(s) will remain undisclosed for the time being (unless you intend to sign up). This is not an attempt to build intrigue, IMHO, the location is secondary to the training event being offered for the DIG program. If guided routes and managed tours are requested, that can be arranged... For example, I have guided a few shiny new (and completly stock) MkIII's through John Bull. That was a fun day!

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The open position has been filled. Thanks for your interest.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish you guys were going to Moab this week! It looks like only three of us this time...

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need to do a trip out in Arizona. If you do Moab, let me know. Would be fun to meet up there.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need to do a trip out in Arizona. If you do Moab, let me know. Would be fun to meet up there.

We did Sedona a while back. It's a traveling road show, but unless we raise our fees significantly, needs to be within one day's traveling location. Of course, we'd be willing to fly to any location and use available on site transportation (such as riding shotgun). Adam is focusing more on the business side of things right now, but I am reasonable available.

Also, OffRoving is IN Moab right this minute! Our buddy (and one of the first OffRoving graduates) Jim Biram is there leading a small group right now. Check out his progress live:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0g5LmqqYVqAj2rHjmRg6qKu7zsoXLAH7z. Adam was scheduled to go but life intervened and Jim stepped in to help out. This was a non-fee event, run in a Tag-Along style.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM