Logic 7 Harmon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the latest Mercedes internal mag has a great article on the people behind the Harmon Loic 7 systems. it is limited in technicals but still interesting. the integration of the system and automobile starts right @ the design stage of the vehicle once it has been determined it will be an option on the model. they put these teams in lock down security mode as they get to see what new models are in the pipeline at the infancy stage.

By 2007 there will still only be 61 vehicle models world wide that have the Logic 7 system.

i know it doesn't help with the off road connection of person & machine, but creature comforts are still nice!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, too bad mine rattles like something out of Radio Shack.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jptruck said:
Yeah, too bad mine rattles like something out of Radio Shack.

Ditto! I never expected this out of a $50k+ auto.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cpa4S said:
the latest Mercedes internal mag has a great article on the people behind the Harmon Loic 7 systems. it is limited in technicals but still interesting. the integration of the system and automobile starts right @ the design stage of the vehicle once it has been determined it will be an option on the model. they put these teams in lock down security mode as they get to see what new models are in the pipeline at the infancy stage.

By 2007 there will still only be 61 vehicle models world wide that have the Logic 7 system.

i know it doesn't help with the off road connection of person & machine, but creature comforts are still nice!

No major problems with my stereo other than some bass rattles at volume. Works fine, good features, etc. etc. What are some of the cool things about Logic 7 that we should be glad to have? (over some other kind of stereo)

The remote headset locations are nice and work well.

The optical (?) connections seem to just make it tough to upgrade components on your own...not that i've tried. just read here.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122 said:
No major problems with my stereo other than some bass rattles at volume. Works fine, good features, etc. etc. What are some of the cool things about Logic 7 that we should be glad to have? (over some other kind of stereo)

The remote headset locations are nice and work well.

The optical (?) connections seem to just make it tough to upgrade components on your own...not that i've tried. just read here.

the digital imaging that is effected through the analysis of the internal space. Try the stereo without the Logic 7 on and compare. the spatial effect is quite stunning imo.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i don't know anything about that fancy shmancy digital imaging stuff...BUT, you're right! i just tried listening to a CD with the Logic 7 on and off and it makes a HUGE difference! not just a loudness or equalizer...there is something magic going on there that gives a lot more depth to the music. pretty cool!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm. . .I turned my $1,500 Logic 7 system (HSE) up to "22" on the volume scale last night and heard the beautiful sounds of Thom Yorke punctuated by a woderful crackle here and crackle there. It was a stunning addition to Mr. Yorke's trance-like electronic tunes. I must be the lucky guy that got the post pub-lunch installer to screw in his speakers. My stereo is ****.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122 said:
well, i don't know anything about that fancy shmancy digital imaging stuff...BUT, you're right! i just tried listening to a CD with the Logic 7 on and off and it makes a HUGE difference! not just a loudness or equalizer...there is something magic going on there that gives a lot more depth to the music. pretty cool!

6 pages of storyline is always trumped by 2 minutes of sound!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of our Logic 7 processing... it really screws with the original sound recording. But I can't stand it on home systems, either. I much prefer Dolby Pro Logic 2's method of inventing multiple channels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635