Loosing power up hill 2005 RR HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny1969

Reaction score
I have a 2005 RR HSE in Guatemala, the hill roads there are really stiff and I noticed my truck loosing power going up hill, once we get to the top it accelerates somewhat but yet with hesitation, on the flat is a different story nonetheless it feels like it takes a few seconds to answer to the gas pedal.
Any ideas?!

Jeremyd

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a 2003 model, it turned out to be the mass airflow intake sensor

Manny1969

Reaction score
And no check engine lights? And other than that the car response with hesitation.

Manny1969

Reaction score
What am trying to say is that there is no check engine on my dashboard and that the hesitation is there no matter the road condition, was that also the problem you were having?
My truck used to be quick to respond when I step on the gas pedal and now it takes time before it responds.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you tell if this is engine power related or transmission? I other words if you put it in first gear and gas it does it accellerate ok? Maybe a video of the dash so we can see the gauges?

Manny1969

Reaction score
The transmission since to change gears when needed except when in a very stiff hill with turns where you can’t acelérate like you would when in traffic. When you are in a road with hills but that you can keep at a certain speed the car is fine. The gas hesitation is always it doesn’t matter the situation, I step on the gas pedal and it responds but it takes a second or two before it takes off, when going up on a stiff hill no matter how long I step on the gas it never takes off

Manny1969

Reaction score
In regards to a video, it’s unfortunate for me that I live in NY and my car stays in Central America

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV