LR dealers in Pittsburgh.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aussie

Reaction score
G'day all,
my nephew is about to move from Belgium to Pittsburgh and he is considering buying a LR3 - does anybody have any advise as to good dealers/bad dealers/ etc in that area.
cheers from down under.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello,

I don't have any specific dealership advice, but I live in Pittsburgh and own an LR3. I recently had my 60k service performed at an independent mechanic called Jagspeed Motorworks and am quite satisfied. So if he does end up purchasing, there is at least someone reasonable available to service it. If I have any experiences with a dealer soon, I'll be sure to let you know.

Paul

aussie

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,
my nephew starts work there in early July and he's been browsing the web for suitable vehicles to purchase, he's a real "outdoors" type so the vehicle will get a fair workout - what's the 4WDing like in the area? - he loves camping and mountain bike riding so he'll be hitting the trails.
Once again - thanks.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on where he will be working/living? I'm in the downtown area, and would be happy to meet up and show him around, let him get a close look at a modified LR3, etc. I moved here from Colorado, and am also very much an outdoors person. Unfortunately, it's been raining almost everyday since I've been here, and I haven't gotten much trail time in. There are a few places, but it's nothing like living out west where you can just turn onto any dirt road and find something cool.

There is a local Land Rover owners club in Pittsburgh, and so far everyone I've met/talked to has been great. I'm thinking about joining them for an outing in West Virginia in about 2 weeks, so I can let you know how that goes. The Virginia Rover owners group is also pretty active, and hosts a few events a year. I plan on attending their Mid-Atlantic Rally in October.

Here are a couple of links related to the stuff I mentioned above:

Fort Pitt Land Rover Group website and forums:
http://fplrg.com

Rover Owners Association of Virginia:
http://roav.org

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions you have, or if you want to exchange contact info, etc.

Paul

aussie

Reaction score
Hi Paul,
he'll be working in the downtown are - overlooking the river apparently - and I'm sure he'd be glad to meet you and make some local contacts. I'll pass on your kind thoughts, my wife and I are looking forward to visiting him later this year so you'll probably meet us as well, hands across the sea and all that, it sounds like a great part of the country.
I'm just going out into the driveway to do some work on my D3, there's always something to add or polish !!!
thanks,
Peter

jayrod422

Reaction score
there are two dealers in the pittsburgh area.. bobby rahal in wexford pa and land rover monroeville in monroeville pa.. both are about 20 mins outside of town. I have my work done primarily at Bobby Rahal. its a bit pricey but no complaints. the monroeville shop never has time to get my vehicle in and is further away.

i actually got my LR3 out of state (06 HSE from Carmax in Washington DC w/ 17K miles for 25k in 2008).. there are not any "deals" to be found at either of these dealerships and their selections are fairly limited.

as for offroading there isn't too many places within a 1/2 hour of the city (its all suburbia). i take my truck up the Allegheny National Forest and hit up the logging/snow mobile roads and whatnot. as for mountain biking there are a ton of trails around town so he will be happy with that..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4