LR3 and it's plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewman75

Reaction score
"Forever Black". Period. Can be bought on Amazon. After following the instructions carefully and applying 3 coats my LR3 trim looks like the day I picked it up. No joke. Its lasted for 10 months so far with no fade.

I have been eying that stuff on Amazon for a while as I really need to treat my exteriors. I think I read somewhere though that it can bleed on first rain though and make a mess? Or do I have it confused with something else? Did you experience anything like that, or is there something you do to prevent that?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the forever black is exactly what you guys need. First application I used the sponge tip and on the second a rag. The rag evens everything out and eliminates streaking.

Stuff is money on all the black trim.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 3 applications using a foam paint brush. After each coat the streaking reduced. After the first car wash there was no streaking and the plastic looked new, and dark. I tried other products but they faded or ran off during rain. Forever Black is the way to go!

Frank_ws6

Reaction score
It's sad to see the exterior plastics dissappear on the newest LR3 and the LR4... Those wheel-well plastic moldings have saved me quite a considerable sum of money over the years with all if thi dings and scrapes that would have wreaked havoc on a painted surface. Most recently while I was putting money in a parking meter I literally watched while someone swerved into the parking spot right in front of me (way too fast!) and scraped the wheel well (plastic). THe side of his car was completely ruined. The truck had minor scratches on the plastic moulding.

I use Armor All protectant, still looking good.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Second for Back to Black

Best I've used for all trim (I've also had 3 Wranglers). Easy to apply with a sponge and buff out with microfiber.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac