LR3 driver seat question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

Have been reading about this truck for a while and finally test drove it last month. Love it. Great ride and just stoked about the overall truck. Noticed only one thing that is important enough that could keep me from purchasing...

Driver seat does not adjust well for long legs. Meaning, there is no power adjustment to raise the front edge of the seat to support your thighs.

Just curious how others get around it. I realize you can certainly put the seat all the way back until your legs are stretched flat, but this is a less comfortable driving situation for me. Most power seats provide the power adjustment noted which helps tall drivers immensely. By raising the front of the seat up, your legs are well supported and you're in a more natural seated position (and not cramming the legs of anyone seated behind you).

Any thoughts? It may sound like a minor complaint, but since it is the seat I'd be sitting in for 100,000+ miles, comfort is important (in addition to overall back health!)

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions,

-todd

D

disco1

How tall are you? I'm 6' and don't have any issues with driving position over long distances. What you propose, lifting the seat, if you are taller than 6', you will probably be driving with your chin on your knees.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I found that driving both my 2004 and 2000 Discovery was uncomfortable compared to my other vehicles. For off road though, both LRs were VERY comfortable. I am 6'4" so I can empathize with the "long legs" problem. One thing I have found is that you adjust to the change. Just my thoughts on the subject...

I sat in the LR3 last week for the first time and noticed that the "fit" (leg room) felt much better.

T

toddjb123

Thanks for the feedback.

Disco, I'm 6'2", and probably have long legs for my size. Power seats that individually raise either the back or front of the seat are very common. You don't raise the entire seat up, rather, you keep the back of the seat low and raise the front up, which provides support under your legs.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HSE seats allow independent raising and lowering of the front and back (like the old Disco). The SE seats do not as you raise the seat it tilts forward. Very annoying.

T

toddjb123

steve c said:
The HSE seats allow independent raising and lowering of the front and back (like the old Disco). The SE seats do not as you raise the seat it tilts forward. Very annoying.

Wait...just so I get this correct. Is the HSE the upgraded option package for the LR3? The HSE has different seat adjustments than the SE?

This is pretty key - as long as I'm able to get the seat adjustment you mention, its worth the upgrade price. Please confirm.

Thanks!

T

toddjb123

Never mind - just confirmed with the dealer. The HSE has an 8 way adjustable seat vs. the SE 6 way adjustable. And, the seat is not an orderable option on the SE. Bummer.

And, to add to the difficulty, I can't even factory order an HSE LR3 form my dealer since he has used up his ordering for the month...he only has his first 8 HSEs on order now, 5 already sold.

Why the delay in HSE availability?

-todd

S

SteveA

Todd,

Land Rover is having trouble keeping up with the world-wide demand fot the HSE model. I think that they really underestimated the demand for the HSE versus SE and due to production schedules could not increase the percentage of HSE. In our latest allocation of LR3s we did not get any HSE. I've spoken to other dealers and heard the same. Our regional rep said that there was no HSEs in the last allocation nationwide. Not sure if this is true or not, but it seems likely. They will continue to be in high demand. Our entire HSE allocation is presold through March.

Stephen

T

toddjb123

Thanks for the feedback.

So, because of the availability, are most people paying retail or invoice pricing on LR3s?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112