Lr3 HSE clicking noise on front wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
2006 Lr3 HSE 45,000 miles i notice that when i drive over a small bump on the road or get in a drive way there seem to be a weird clicking noise on the front wheels what could this be before taking it to a mechanic

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a CV joint. Check the boots for rips/ tears on them. Any vibrations while driving?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike is it a "click" or a "thump?" ...could be bushings.

RoverMike

Reaction score
Could be a CV joint. Check the boots for rips/ tears on them. Any vibrations while driving?

thanks for the tip, no there is no vibrations while driving sometimes when i brake there is but i believe its because tires are waring out

RoverMike

Reaction score
Mike is it a "click" or a "thump?" ...could be bushings.

yeah not to sure its does sound like a thump like i said only when i go over a speed bump or hit a *** hole or a drive way you hear this noise other than that vehicle runs good

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this: idle along at about 3-5 mph and then briskly step on the brake pedal....almost like a stomp-and-release of the pedal. If it thumps, it's your control arm bushings.

If it's only when you hit a pothole, especially when it's on one side or one wheel in the pothole or driveway then it could be your swaybar bushing...but that sounds more like a thud on an empty *** rather than a click.

You may want to spend some time under the rig shaking things and checking that nuts/bolts are "wrench tight." I had a suspension link that was loose and that sound bothered me for weeks.

RoverMike

Reaction score
Try this: idle along at about 3-5 mph and then briskly step on the brake pedal....almost like a stomp-and-release of the pedal. If it thumps, it's your control arm bushings.

If it's only when you hit a pothole, especially when it's on one side or one wheel in the pothole or driveway then it could be your swaybar bushing...but that sounds more like a thud on an empty *** rather than a click.

You may want to spend some time under the rig shaking things and checking that nuts/bolts are "wrench tight." I had a suspension link that was loose and that sound bothered me for weeks.

you know what i just tried going about 3-5mph and pressed on the brake pedal and it did do a thump noise so more than likely its the control arm bushings, thanks for the tip around how much $ are we talking about here to get it fixed

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're around $1400 but it varies from state to state and shop to shop. Also, that quote is for the replacement of the entire control arm (recommended) as opposed to just doing the bushing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635