LR3 Light Bar install wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colb45

Reaction score
I am going to be installing a light bar on my LR3 and I am unsure of the best way to tag my signal wire in with my highbeams. I will run a switch to my dash which will disable it when needed, but i would the ability for the light bar to come on with my highbeams.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I did mine was to install a remote relay, so it is not tied into the high beams. When I want to use the light I press the remote button. This enabled me to not have to run wires for the switch, etc. Happy to send you links to the pictures. Info on the remote relay kits, etc.

Where are you planning on mounting it, and what light did you choose.

colb45

Reaction score
For light bar just some chinese one, cant justify a rigid right now.

Gonna mount it to my voyager rack.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so what do you think of the remote relay method? Be sure once you have it installed (even with a Rigid) to pump the wire sheath full of clear rtv silicon so it does not fill with water.

colb45

Reaction score
The remote method is nice, be less dicking around to run a **** switch in the cab, but ideally i would like it tied into my highbeams.

When it comes to doing my own wiring i would say i have a fair amount of experience with vw and audi, but not having a wiring diagram makes it a wee bit tricky and i would prefer not to do any guessing.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you prefer not to do any guessing, then do the remote, you do not have to tie into the LR wiring at all. The main thing if you are running the wire to the cab is to use the grommet if that is the route you are going. I have wiring diagrams if it helps, drop me a line w/email.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC (and you need to verify this), there is a blue/white wire and a blue/red wire coming off of the turn signal/lighting stalk in the bundle of wires. One of these wires is the high beam wire (blue/white I think) and one is the temp high beam for flashing wire (blue/red I think). Again, I THINK this is a switched ground wire... not a switched (+) wire, so keep that in mind when drawing out your circuit. I was going to tap into this using the factory auxiliary lighting switch, but eventually said "screw it" and just wired the switch up to be live whenever the ignition is on. I believe there was more information over on the aulro forums.

colb45

Reaction score
If you prefer not to do any guessing, then do the remote, you do not have to tie into the LR wiring at all. The main thing if you are running the wire to the cab is to use the grommet if that is the route you are going. I have wiring diagrams if it helps, drop me a line w/email.

Sent a PM.

IIRC (and you need to verify this), there is a blue/white wire and a blue/red wire coming off of the turn signal/lighting stalk in the bundle of wires. One of these wires is the high beam wire (blue/white I think) and one is the temp high beam for flashing wire (blue/red I think). Again, I THINK this is a switched ground wire... not a switched (+) wire, so keep that in mind when drawing out your circuit. I was going to tap into this using the factory auxiliary lighting switch, but eventually said "screw it" and just wired the switch up to be live whenever the ignition is on. I believe there was more information over on the aulro forums.

Beauty! Tomorrow is mock up process. Also never thought of checking out the Oz boards!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9