LR3 - question for other owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mwillems

Hey all

My manual says (p.103) that there is a service indicator that comes on for 5 seconds when you turn the ignition switch to I.

No such thing on my LR3 HSE, unless I am missing it. Anyone else has this? The dealer told me services were fixed at 12,000km intervals, which suggests that there IS no service indicator.

Michael
Canada

G

gruffydd

Service indicator

Yes I have wondered the same.

My UK Discovery 3 (V6 Diesel) does not indicate service info (would be useful if it did - many years of German cars got me used to this feature) and I was informed by dealer that service interval was every 15k miles (up 3k on my old Disco 2)

Griff

S

simonharper

Just been told by my local LR dealer that the service interval feature was not introduced at a late stage (it made the manual though).

M

mwillems

simonharper said:
Just been told by my local LR dealer that the service interval feature was not introduced at a late stage (it made the manual though).

OK, that's just a tad dumb - but even dumber is the lack of a simple ERRATA page in the documentation kit, or on the web site. Or at least an email to the dealers! I mean they've had minths top do this.

But then, the web site for land rover Canada still mentions "upcoming events for 2003".... I am praying this does not mean a hopelessly inefficient organisation...

L

luvmylr3

Nav questions

Does anyone know what the "Voice Add Name" does? It is in the System/Voice Settings section. The manual says nothing about this selection, though there are screen shots with it shown, there is not explanation.

Also I read someplace that different Nav settings can be set for each ignition key, but I can't get that to work. Is there some trick to enabling that?

thanks
Jim

M

mpn1

mwillems said:
Hey all

My manual says (p.103) that there is a service indicator that comes on for 5 seconds when you turn the ignition switch to I.

No such thing on my LR3 HSE, unless I am missing it. Anyone else has this? The dealer told me services were fixed at 12,000km intervals, which suggests that there IS no service indicator.

Michael
Canada

My Dealer told me that the interval indicator will come on at 7500 miles, but will not show up prior to that. We will see!!

Mike, oregon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112