LR3 Speed Sensor wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

theroux

Does anyone know how to identify the speed sensor lead on a 2005 LR3? I'm installing a Pioneer navigation system and need to connect to that wire. Thanks.

Q

quietcoolone

I owned an audi which uses a CAN system and had to purchase a CAN-BUS interface when installing a Pioneer N1 Navigation system. I think the LR3 uses a MOST (Media Orientated System Transport) network.system that does not have a separete speed sensor wire.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 has CAN, too. But I still have no idea where the speed signal is carried.

T

theroux

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for!

I gather from the chart that even though the LR3 has CAN, a speed sensor lead can still be isolated as part of the AMS module.

Thanks again

jager24

Reaction score
One more thing...Make sure you connect the power antenna wire from the head unit to the blue wire(power antenna) on the radio harness. You need this to power the window antenna.

T

theroux

I'm actually not replacing the head unit. I just need to tap in to the power (constant & ignition), ground, reverse lead and speed sensor. IF all goes well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM