LR3 Suspension problem? Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O

Outrageous

Geowgray said:
I don't think the public has access to the repair manual as of yet. If someone knows of this please tell me. Because I would study the anatomy of this vehicle, which is very complicated.

There should be manuals available online at LR's GTR site. There was a subscription charge of about $9 a day for access. Unfortunately, the links have changed and I can't tell you how to get to the site. Can anyone else help?

D

Dhudanish

Solution (?)

Just spoke to LR service and they said that I need my 2 front axles replaced. The will be receiving the new axles tomorrow and be done by Thursday. Odd that both front axles would go on a 8 day old car. I am still convinced this was a result of some defect with axles / HDC because it happened exactly when I first used HDC...

Anyway I will let you know if ride /steering are improved next week.

D

Dhudanish

Sorry - got crushed with work. Got the car back after having two front axels replaced and it still drove like crap. Sent the manufacturer and the deal a NJ lemon law notice - and boy did that get their attention. last word is that they are replacing the tow front wheel and tires. They also told me that the front tires were 70 lbs over inflated. They then seemed surprised when I told them that are the ONLY people who have ever touched the car and that they have had the car three times and didn't spot the over inflatiopn issues. I gave LR North America 1 more chance to fix it or I want my money back. I don't mind have to deal with issues but to have the dealer IGNORE the issues and just keep returning the car to me hoping I will think it has been repaired is NOT acceptable at 55k.

D

Dhudanish

Latest news

MORE problems and MORE BAD service. About 5 weeks ago a had trouble in that the LR3 would not accelerate properly - the engine with rev but the truck would accelerate at a very slow rate... obviously very dangerous for driving. After three days at shop LR said it was a "loose" wire. Okay fine. This past Friday evening (on my way out to my weekend house with friend in the truck) the SAME thing happened. Of course LR was clsose Friday by 7pm and has NO SERVICE in mahattan on saturday. They also had no loaners in manhattan and couldn't secure my a rentl car. needless to say my weekend with friends was ruined. Tuesday I was told the alternator was repalced and truck should be fine. NO NO NO. I have been working with LR NA to try to get my money back but they have not been very cooperative (at one point LR Manhattan said they would give me a new LR3 if I gave them a check for 1,000 - hard to see how that was a deal for me). So I am send my second Lemon Law notice and will see this through. I am a lawyer so I am not too worried about this as I can represent myself. Sadly this car is a dog and even more sad is the fact the LR service is HORRIBLE and LR NA people don't care about the customer. I am going back to Lexus where the SUVs work and the people are awesome. Bye bye.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99