LR4 Coolant Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
I need to top off my coolant and am having trouble locating the Castrol SF antifreeze (it appears that it is no longer in production). Does anyone know coolant is LR putting in our vehicles at the factory? Is this something we can only get from the dealers?

BTW, the coolant is at the lower level indicator mark and to the best of my knowledge, has always been at that lower level mark… so I don't suspect a leak. I suppose it's a whole other discussion as to why my dealer has never topped off my LR4.

Last edited:

nolift911

Reaction score
I need to top off my coolant and am having trouble locating the Castrol SF antifreeze (it appears that it is no longer in production). Does anyone know coolant is LR putting in our vehicles at the factory? Is this something we can only get from the dealers?

BTW, the coolant is at the lower level indicator mark and to the best of my knowledge, has always been at that lower level mark… so I don't suspect a leak. I suppose it's a whole other discussion as to why my dealer has never topped off my LR4.

Check the front of your engine for a leak...my bet is on the water pump.

Just had mine replace at 43k

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins