Mantec front skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the heavy duty skids from Brittish Pacific, but if anyone out there is looking for something better than stock, but not nearly as expensive, there is a group buy from the UK on the Mantec front skid plate.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic7568.html

normal_IMG_0682.jpg

Cheers,

NW

dbregman

Reaction score
Yes - please do jump on over there - we need about 12 more people for the group buy to work!

David

dbregman

Reaction score
Do you know where I can get the Mantec plate stateside if the group buy fails?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clue, but you could try to get Atlantic British to import a few

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the British Pacific plates: how difficult is the install? Is it something I could do with the basic tools I have around the house (the usual assortment), or do I need a fabricator.

A little more frontal protection along with having easy access to that front tow hook are goals of mine, but I'd like to do the work myself.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could do it yourself, with a few jackstands to hold them up while you are cranking them down. The main skid plate over the transmission is a bit of struggle to get everything line up.

The skid plates work awesome, but they have a noticeable negative side effect They create a significantly increased resonance from your exhaust that bounces off the plate back up into the interior cabin.

There are 3 skid plates, plus a radiator protection plate. I did not get the radiator plate because it was already protected...or so I thought. It wasn't until the plates arrived that I realized the factory plates all come off, and the new ones are configured differently. I hindsight, I would also opt for the radiator plates, especially if I lived in a wooded area where sticks might poke up into it from below.

D

dry_fly

nathan, did you participate in the last group buy? if so how long did it take for delivery?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not, I already had the plates from British Pacific.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4