Metburry Gulch, Co 5/8/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who was the guy running around in the blue shirt....almost bust his ass like 3 times...lol nice pics guys

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you guys had some scraping and scratching. Were they all avoidable? Just curious as I would like to take my wife down there, but I need to know if the bronco is the one to do it or the LR3. Thanks for posting the pictures & vid!

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you guys had some scraping and scratching. Were they all avoidable? Just curious as I would like to take my wife down there, but I need to know if the bronco is the one to do it or the LR3. Thanks for posting the pictures & vid!

J.D.

It was pretty minor stuff, small tree branches and things. they leave little marks that buff out pretty easily. Probably wouldnt even show up on your silver truck. The LR3 has plastic fender flares, but the LR4s are painted. That is where Aesopian had his worst mark. I wouldnt really do that trail without at least the lift rods though. They were very easy to install and reversable. You should come to LHC and the BBQ on the 15th.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who was the guy running around in the blue shirt....almost bust his ass like 3 times...lol nice pics guys

I would be the guy in the blue shirt...just trying to make sure we didn't screw up someone's new LR4. Yes, I did nearly bust my ass many times (it was slippery, and I'm a little clumsy anyway).

J.D.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice any (new) scrapes or scratches on my rig :biggrin:. I'd say the LR3 would be fine for that trail, but would agree that the added "insurance" of a set of suspension rods would be a big bonus. I've heard that the other trails in that area are a little more difficult than Metberry, which was getting pretty washed out when we were there.

It's a shame we didn't get any pictures of the Subaru Outback that we had to "assist" on the Forest Service road on our way in.

-Paul

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done all the the trails, but that was pre-hayman fire, so I wouldn't even know what to expect. As I understand it, all the trails have tamed down from what they were. Plus only half of Hackett and Longwater are open because one of the counties (Park?) won't open it on their end.

J.D.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J.D. -

I never ran those trails pre-fire, so I can't really speak to that. What I can say is that without any trees to hold back the runoff, Metberry had a creek running right down the middle of the trail in a lot of places. As you could imagine, this is causing some pretty nasty erosion and making some of the tougher spots a bit worse. Even compared to the last time I was down there (about a month ago), the trail is in worse condition.

You are correct about Hackett and Longwater...they remain closed at the Park county line.

-Paul

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding video and pics guys. Looked like a great time. Are you guys going to the Moab national rally in October?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72