Milestones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U

UnbrknCh8n

Having lurked on this (and other) LR3 sites for a while, I have become grateful for the fact that I didn't stumble onto these sites before I bought my LR3. If I had, I may not have chosen one.

These sites, by design, focus on problems. I wanted to start a thread for those of us who have been fortunate enough to not be beset by suspension faults, leaks, or other serious problems.

Rest assured, my purpose in doing this is not to make those who have problems feel worse. It sounds like some people have had true lemons of vehicles, with multiple problems, poor service, and repeated frustrations. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for my LR3's reliability and lack of problems.

So, to start off this thread, I will say that my '05 LR3 SE (with cold weather, lighting, 3rd row seating, towing and dealer-installed DVD packages) recently passed 25,000 miles. I have driven it hard, and it has been reliable and fun. I have driven it from Colorado to California and back and all over the mountains of Colorado. I have only gotten it stuck twice (once in deep mud and once I high-centered it in the snow), but in both of these instances the only problem with the vehicle was the idiot behind the wheel (me).

The car has always started, and the only problems I have had with it are:
-the tires suck. I've had to change one of them at 10,000 feet after I experienced a blowout while doing some off-roading on a rocky trail (but nothing extreme), I've had to replace one of them after bumping a curb cut its sidewall, and I've had to replace two of them due to ware.

-the cupholders are too big (causing spillage of my coffee). This has apparently been improved for the '06 models.

After 25K miles I couldn't be happier with my truck. It's been a great family vehicle, and really can't be beat off-road. If anyone else would care to share any milestones with their LR3's, I'd be happy to read about them (keeping in mind that there are a number of poor souls out there who for whatever reason got stuck with lousy trucks).

S

suth150

Good post. I too have had great luck with my 2005 lr3. I have 16,000 miles on it and the thing has been great. I can see why most land rover people are so loyal to the brand. Ill probably trade in for a 2007 when they come out.

H

Houm_WA

...don't jinx yourselves. My HSE was trouble-free until after 12,000 miles, then a suspension fault occured. Then a transmissin fault. I'd say that they've "been cured" but I dare not lest I jinx myself !!

Oh, and here is a (positive) milestone:

Yesterday, on I-5 Southbound just south of Seattle, I hit 999.9 MPG at 72 MPH.

...Ok, that was the first "datapoint" after a re-set of the rolling average and I was coasting downhill right at that instant, but it was still entertaining to see and to post. Round-trip I wound up averageing 18 or so...but that's mainly due to fast driving.

U

UnbrknCh8n

Houm_WA said:
...I hit 999.9 MPG at 72 MPH...

LOL! I would say that this is something that I would have expected Matt to say, but I won't (the poor guy has probably already taken too much abuse).

H

Houm_WA

...the difference though is that I explained the conditions and recognized that it was an anomaly. It really did show 999.9 but obviously that is a Mathematical artifact, not a Matt_grim2-fact

OH !! Sorry, couldn't resist that one !!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9