Milwaukee County Wheeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know this sounds crazy, but there is some mild greenlane-style wheeling in Milwaukee County.

From US45, take Watertown Plank Road east to 87th Street. Turn left on 87th and proceed to the end of the "straight" section of road, until you come across the Milwaukee County Cemetary. Make a left, and about .15 miles later there's a path on the left that leads into a network of two-tracks. To the right of the road is a network of two-tracks as well with one decent hill descent and one section that amounts to a creek crossing when the weather's wet.

This area is publicly owned, and I have it on good authority that it's perfectly OK to drive back there (email me for details). What I will write on a public forum is that the area is filled by county-owned garden plots, which the two-tracks go around. Anyone can arrange to rent a plot, and there will likely be people out in the plots working -- just tell anyone who asks that you're looking into a plot! :biggrin:

Here's a link to a Topo map of the area...click here!

Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink