My new '90 RR Classic County

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

matthewk121

I just bought my first Range Rover and drove it home 3 1/2 hours no problem. Light blue in color with a brush gard and roof rack. 3.9L engine V8 but I'm sure y'all know all the specs. I am in South Carolina and the rover does not seem to have much if any rust. Paid 1800 but it has 239k. It's not perfect but so far it drives great.

My new Range Rover!

I have a couple of questions though to see if anyone has any idea what these problems are. When I accelerate quickly and it seems turn to the left while accelerating I hear a high pitched squeal. At first I thought it was the tires losing traction but I do not think that is it. It does not sound like a belt to me but I certainly could be wrong. I havent noticed the sound when accelerating straight or right... only left so far but I might have missed it other times.

My second concern is a low pitched humming sound I hear when driving about 35. As long as I stay at this speed I hear it but faster or slower I do not. I think the guy I bought it from mentioned this humming and said someone told him it was the lubricant he used on the differential? Not positive where they said it was but they told him that a thicker lubricant would solve this problem. Any thoughts?

Other than that the ac does not blow cold, but the compressor seems to be running. It only blows on the highest speed though. Not too big of a deal.

So far I love my new rangie and I would love any information on how to keep it in tune and running smooth. Any other good sites around that tell how to maintain a rover? Any good books or cdroms? Thanks for taking your time to read and I appreciate any response!

M

matthewk121

Let me clarify about the high pitched squeeling (sounds almost as if tires spinning). It does not pull the the left at all. It only squeels when I accelerate speedily while turning to the left. There is nothing obviously broken underneath.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635