Mysterious Hose to Nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No prize for "maybe". lol

Well, 'maybe' is a word people use differently. I'm not sure why you didn't show the bottom end of it but I told you what it was based solely on incomplete photos. Good luck on the next one.

Keanan

Reaction score
Where does the other end of the hose go? It's the diff breather.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why have the diff vent hose, line or tubing at the bottom of the vehicle where it can suck in water when playing submarine when cooling down the warm or hot diff when submerged in water?
Cooled down diff internal air space will contract hence suck in water.
The vent should be placed high as possible along with rear diff, transmission and transfer case up high in the body with a 180 degree short hook and filters attached....~~=o&o>......

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vent is as high as possible but terminates in a filter cap made of a gore tex material that keeps water out and oil in while slowly breathing to equalize pressure in the diff. There is a pretty good description by BByer on the Landroverforums website.

Scanachi

Reaction score
I’m with Joey on this one.

I’ll be glad to check my Discovery II when some of the snow melts.

I don’t imagine there’s any airflow (blowing or sucking) associated with that hose, is there?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA