NEED HELP on a 1999 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

top222

The car starts up and runs fine but something is Draining the battery, There is a dash light with a arrow pointing to the bottom of the car, the car does no sit right and i cant adjust the suspsension, I get a key in ignition when the key is not, it says windows and sunroof not set even when they are closed, and the radio doesnt work, and the menu on the instrument cluster doesnt work.

its a 1999 land rover Range Rover 4.0Se with 109k

H

highlander

Hi,

I have a '99 RR 4.6HSE that did exactly the same thing. It turned out that the power loss was due to a faulty alternator that needed replaced. The dashboard warning lights were coming on and I was getting similar messages as well.

After the alternator was replaced the workshop reset the ECU which solved all the false warnings and alarms. That was about 8 weeks ago. But it was only this week that the sunroof reverted back to one touch operation and the 'sunroof not set' warning stopped.

It may sound odd, but it seems like you have to teach the car what you are wanting it to do! When I collected it from the workshop it would not raise or lower the windows with one touch of the button. However from experience, I sat in the car and raised and lowered each window about 10 or 12 times and then the one touch operation kicked in again.

If you are lucky, when the ECU gets re set, the control of the air suspension may come back on line. My air gave up last year, so I had it removed and coil springs put in place. No problems ever again! I use it in the desert almost daily and there is no noticeable difference off road. On the road it rolls on corners a little more than it used to and obviously does not lower itself at speed on the highway. However it regularly sits at 160km/h (100 mph) on the highways here in Dubai with no adverse handling or stability problems.

Best of luck!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when the battery drains, the windows become unset. Highlander is correct just run them up and down until the display says 'set'. They also become unset if they are iced up and the computer reads that as an obstruction. Just recently i had a 'key is in ignition' warning that went away by itself. My battery was drained when this happened - don't drive this much so the battery drain was expected.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635