New 2018 & 2019 Discovery 5 Purchase...

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by iconoclast, Aug 4, 2018.

1. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

I have an opportunity to purchase a new 2018 which almost the way I would build one or order a new 2019. Before I decide I which is the better option could someone on here tell me what could be expected in terms of percentage off MSRP. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. catman

catman Full Access Member

I am not aware of what deals people are getting on the Discovery's. But, my guess is that they are slightly better than average for Land Rover since the Discovery is one of their lower sales volume models here in the US.

That said, year 3 is often where a bunch of subtle improvements finally make their way into production, so I would definately opt for the 2019 myself.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

Thank you.

4. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

I received an email today from Land Rover with an offer code that deducts $2000 off a Discovery in stock at a dealer. Offer expires September 30th.

So know that you can certainly negotiate at least $2000 off that 2018 Discovery you found.

5. troyh

troyh New Member

We just bought a 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury (love it so far!) and got about $7000 off MSRP, $2000 was the Land Rover rebate and the rest was a dealer incentive. I didn’t even have to ask for it. The AutoNation JLR dealers that I talked to all gave a similar discount, non-AutoNation dealers didn’t. And our local dealer didn’t even offer the $2000 rebate. I assume I could get it from them but they didn’t have any cars that matched what we wanted so I didn’t bother.

I haven’t seen any mention of new features in the 2019 Discovery but I’d guess that CarPlay will be added since they recently announced they will be supporting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Davidinseattle

Davidinseattle Full Access Member

Don't remember those kind of deals floating around with the LR4. Just sayin'

7. troyh

troyh New Member

I don’t think the rebates and incentives are Discovery-specific. Are you in Seattle? Me too. The Seattle dealers are the ones I’m talking about that didn’t give up a penny. In fact, they wouldn’t give me the $2000 rebate for a car they would have delivered from another dealer who was giving the $2000 rebate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. catman

catman Full Access Member

The Seattle dealers were the last ones with LR4 Landmarks (in Zanzibar) when the rest of the country was sold out - guess that is why - they will not budge on price. If I recall, the LR4 was going for about 5% off MSRP at various times in the 2013- early 2016 range. Once the LR5 was confirmed it created a little bit of demand for the last LR4's. JLR Dealers do not typically budge too much on price, but things may be evolving now that JLR is laying out is vision for selling a lot more cars/trucks.

With the steady MSRP price hikes we are seeing, I am guessing they are building in more room for incentives than they had previously. It's just part of doing business at a higher level, a means to keep the pace of sales and demand going.