Rear overhead climate vent replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gbrover4

Reaction score
Purchased a discovery V recently and am loving it so far. I have a damaged rear climate vent, on the overhead ceiling unit for the second row passengers. I bought this replacement (attached pics) I am unable to remove it easily from the ceiling and obviously don’t wont to damage anything further or the headliner. My only clue is from the new unit I ordered it almost looks like it is screwed in.I Haven’t been able to find anything relevant online about this. Does anyone have experience removing or replacing this before? Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpeg
    IMG_0277.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 49

rovers3

Reaction score
I have a 2016 and have the same issue, when I took it to the dealer to fix this, they told me it would need a entire headliner and the part cannot be replaced by itself.
Might have been wrong but that is all I have.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The retaining screws for the overhead console come in from the top. So the headliner has to be lowered for access.
1700150967852.png

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dropped the headliner in many vehicles, though not an Discovery V... Takes a little time but it is not as difficult task as it may seem.
If its like the other JLR vehicles, be gentle, its made of compressed cardboard. As such its very flexible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72