New Goodyear A/T 19" tire available, in North America!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, this seemed like a good new choice. The load rating difference between 109 and 110 is approx 66lbs.

I guess the question is, is the difference negligible?

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only concern about these new Wrangler A/T Adventure - besides reliability and durability of course, since it's a new tire - is the load index. It seems a little low at 109, isn't a load index of 110 the minimum recommended by Land Rover for the LR4? I think even the crappy stock 19s have a load index of 111.
again, shameless plug for my choice...

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 265/65R18, Load rating 112 (2469 lbs.)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, shameless plug for my choice...

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 265/65R18, Load rating 112 (2469 lbs.)
That's great! I appreciate all this information because I can't wait to finally order my Compomotives and get some better tires. This is a big reason why I get nervous off roading in my LR4 in certain areas where my Cooper sidewall just doesn't offer much protection. Don't get me wrong, for most of what I do, they are great, but I would like to be able to bring my truck to more places in UT and the desert areas.

I was SO happy to hear that your tires fit with no rubbing or anything - also without the need to permanently lift. I know the Johnson rods site says you need a lift for that size, but I was not sure. I am most likely not doing the rods, but probably the IIDTool or LLAMS for when I need it. Though, like you, I am still all up in the air. A friend of mine from the NCLR club makes the sasquatch rods (they are adjustable) and he is going to make me a set once I decide and send him the cash.

It seems like you've done a lot of testing since you installed them - can't wait to hear more!

-David

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to semi hijack the thread but i too have the sasquatch rods waiting to be installed but not sure if a good mod for a daily driven vehicle?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to semi hijack the thread but i too have the sasquatch rods waiting to be installed but not sure if a good mod for a daily driven vehicle?
There is so much debate about this, but overall folks are telling me that they seem to be fine as long as you do an alignment. For me, I don't think I want the permanent raised height just for daily driving. I just ordered the IIDTool, which among other things, raises and lowers the suspension; though not as high as with rods. I am still up in the air about getting rods (likely will), but I wish they could be adjusted to stay at normal height and then increased. I will need to e-mail Dave (who makes the rods), but do you know?

-David

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Check out the Johnson Rod thread, where the topic has been recently discussed. As Finlay said, as long as you get an alignment you should be fine. I have Johnson Rods on full-time with zero issues or complaints. I drive the LR4 daily, with a mix of city and highway driving. Good luck.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if the new GY tires are 31 inchers, will they fit without any mods in the spare tire carrier under the car?

And did anyone weigh in on wether the difference between 109 vs 110 is material?

Thanks.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on the fence on buying them and testing them out. My truck is "lightweight" from a modification standpoint so I'd like to rationalize the 60lb difference between 109 and 110. Still a tough call when safety is a concern.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS,
I support the idea of you buying and testing them out for the forum! :)

My truck has zero mods. I see a sump guard in the future but nothing super heavy. 60lbs seems negligible, but I would be talking from a position of complete ignorance as I don't have a clue.

If they would fit in the same space as the current spare tire, I would be really tempted to buy a set.

My biggest issue with the comps is mental. Besides the extra cash for a set of new wheels, if i was going to go that route, i know I would want to put beefier tires, which would require more cash toward an external tire carrier,...its a downward spiral for my checkbook and as I have never seen one in person, unsure of the look of the tire carrier...

The GY might be just the ticket. I had the silent armor's on my JGC (before it was lemon lawed...lol) and had no complaints except that I hear they wear quickly...

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM