new lr3 owner...few questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motz

Reaction score
i tried to search the forum but seems like no one has the answer for me so im going to make a new thread here.....

I just bought 2006 lr3 and i looove it!
It was my dream car and i never thought i will be able to get it....

Anyway, some questions i have for you guys.....

1. Is it possible for room light to light up automaticallly when you open the door? If so, how? I cant see anything!

2. Is it possible to program 'land rover button' to roll down the windows?

3. When i turn the wheel all the way(like when you are busting U turn), the wheel kinda snaps like i stepped on something. Does anyone has the same problem?

4. Is it possible to change regular headlight to factory HID head light?

I really love my car......
But the seat is extreamly uncomfortable!!!!!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried to search the forum but seems like no one has the answer for me so im going to make a new thread here.....

I just bought 2006 lr3 and i looove it!
It was my dream car and i never thought i will be able to get it....

congrats!!!

Anyway, some questions i have for you guys.....

1. Is it possible for room light to light up automaticallly when you open the door? If so, how? I cant see anything!

my interior lights come on when I open any door every time.

NO

3. When i turn the wheel all the way(like when you are busting U turn), the wheel kinda snaps like i stepped on something. Does anyone has the same problem?

Get that checked.

Ya I beleve Natan has some info on this
www.nextstepdesigns.com

I really love my car......

I beleve there is a way to turn the headrest around

motz

Reaction score
thanks!

how do you activate the room light then? Do you know?

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold the middle light button until it blinks one or two times. The gauge panel will show something like "automatic door light."

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have interior lighting control buttons in the roof mounted center console - right next to the roof light at the front of the headlining. The cars user guide will give you the options for OFF/ON when door opens/ON

motz

Reaction score
thanks guys....

i was able to do it.....

you know why it wasnt working...?

THERE WAS NO BULB !!!!! lol

i dont know why my dealer didnt check before they told it to me...

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dome light has a "soft switch" that if you push and hold the on/off button for about 5-8 seconds, it will either enable or disable the the lights throughout the interior. Very handy when camping and you don't want the lights on all night with the rear hatch open, or don't want to draw bugs, etc...

I don't think so, sorry.

This is very easily fixed with a dab of grease on the bumpstops of your steering knuckle. There is a great thread about this on www.disco3.co.uk, with a perfect photo of the exact spot you need to add the dab of grease. It's a 10 second repair, though it may take you time to find the right thread :)

Yes, there is a thread on this forum from just a few months ago on that.

Keep tweaking it. I play with mine all the time, and have found changing the tilt of the seat bottom and the arm rest to have the best long term effects.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4