New Owner - Need help with identifying a button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestHamPaul

Reaction score
I am the new owner of an '06 LR3 with 80K miles on it. There is a button installed behind the parking brake release and I'd love some help identifying it's potential uses.

IMG_4445.JPG

IMG_4446.jpg

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol - you must know it's not factory...? ;)

it's a basic on/off .... just look around for some aftermarket junk like lighting/plugs

Nobody here can know what it is connected to or meant to run without seeing more.

Take a photo of the rest of your dash both left and right and check under the hood for odd wiring.

WestHamPaul

Reaction score
I know its not factory and the lady that owned it before me was the only owner and drove it around Denver (realtor). I cant see any aftermarket accessories on the vehicle. Its very plain Jane. I'll look for wiring that doesn't appear factory.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bizarre - what sort a lady? She sounds cool ;) That is your basic rocker used for many things. On the wagons I have one that powers on/off a built-in ****** radar/laser device. There's no LED lamp on it?

buckbluerover

Reaction score
Well, if the previous owner is still around selling real estate send her a friendly non threatening inquiry or email directly or through an intermediary and ask her. Then you will know the rest of the story.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if the previous owner is still around selling real estate send her a friendly non threatening inquiry or email directly or through an intermediary and ask her. Then you will know the rest of the story.
Yes, and then let us know as well.

It is a good location for a button - easy to fit and wire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM