New to me Discovery First Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! And congratulations. I had a D5 HSE Lux Diesel on order, but eventually cancelled it to get my LR4. I really like the D5 and it's great to see them gaining more adoption. The creature comforts and technology are light-years ahead of the LR4!

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw your comment before you edited about it being stupid that it's illegal and I fully agree! The US Govt only allows Headlights to have three settings, Off, Low, and High and nothing in between. They have wasted years and still haven't come up to standard with the rest of the world on the subject and it's sad! For instance, the BMW and other cars can use the thermal camera (if equipped) to do object recognition on the side of the road (like a deer) and then spotlight it with a bright headlight beam to warn the driver. Sadly this technology is not allowed here in the US. Just like with broadband we are yet again behind our European counterparts.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a25827/the-enginerdy-dept-dot-in-the-dark-headlight-tech/

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our new Jaguar has the auto dimming technology on the LED headlights and it works great. We live in a rural area with many winding and sharp curved roads. No matter how dark the road, they light up the area like daylight. It does not switch one headlight to low but both at the same time. I would never be without the LED headlights again after this experience. If anyone remembers the old Lucas Flamethrowers...these beat them by a lot! LOL Technology at work.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, Lucas electrics... Lucas, prince of darkness...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut