Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discothree

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently bought a 2006 Zambezi LR3 HSE 7seater. We ordered it back in May and took delivery of it in October. Five(5) months I know... But I didn't need it until after August and plus the dealership gave me a freebie for 2 months to use. My experience with the dealership was great.

The moment the family and I sat in the LR3 back in Feb/March we knew this was the vehicle for us. (I had an ML320sport prior to this(loved it), new ml's we're 10G more than prior models for less features, X5 was great but no space in the rear of the vehicle plus more $$ with similar features, and an H2 well... is a chev...)

The months in between then and the moment I signed the papers we're up and down. Mainly because of the good and bad posts within the forum.

We've had it for close to two months now and it has been worth it!!

The Bluetooth works great, the Access height feature was a definite hilight for having two small kids, 7seater has come in handy a few times and it's quite comfortable to drive(when I get the chance, it's primarily the wife's).
The 3 Zone climate control is defintely a plus, and hopefully add an aftermarket DVD system later.

I was disappointed that it didn't have the adaptive headlights that the loaner had. That was a good feature, plus it lighted the road up a bit more than the regular HID's now.

I live up in Calgary, Canada and we've had our first dump of snow this year the past couple of weeks and it's handled itself great.

But there was one issue that I think you all should know about, just in case it's happening to you.

Everytime we filled up, the tank would overflow. Iit seemed it would sense that it is full, but then you would get this back wash of gas spurting out after. That and the pick up was a bit sluggish.

We recently brought it in and they replaced the tank without any hesitation. Turns out it has happened to one vehicle prior to us coming in, and it wasn't a simple swap like mine. It was in the shop a few times before they changed the tank, and that seemed to do the trick. So I lucked out in the way of not being the guinea pig. Again the folks at the dealership we're great to deal with.

It hasn't happened since and hopefully it is a dead issue. The pick up issue seems to have gone away, and as for the gas mileage... well... "It's a Land Rover".

The service tech also told me that the 2005 recalls we're mostly in the US, that only certain vehicles we're recalled and this had nothing to do with it. Of course I knew that thanks to this forum.

Other than that I thought the headlamp washers weren't working. It was supposed to go off every five sprays of the windshield washer. Turns out it only goes off if the headlights are on the "On" position and not the "Automatic" position(which I always have on).

Anyways, sorry for the long story. But I would just like to say that I appreciated all the threads put up about concerns regarding the LR3(good and bad). It helped me question and justify our purchase.

Thanks

X

xcursion

Funny, I thought HSE comes standard with adaptive headlights.....Well at least your dealer has great service. That doesn't happen too often for LR.....

discothree

Reaction score
I thought so too, but they changed the options for 2006.

They told me(at delivery) they made the adaptive headlights an option and added the Bluetooth and front park distance control as standard. I also had to get the rear climate control for ordering the 3rd row seating(which i wouldn't have had to if I ordered it in April for a 2005).

I would have added it(adaptive headlights) if I would have known it was an option and not standard.

Hopefully that level of service continues(highly doubtful, but we'll see), it's only been a couple of months.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every market/region has model trim packaging differences... and often gets altered throughout the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4