Nitto Terra Grappler AT anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up a 2011 HSE Lux this week with the 20" package. Anyone run the Nitto Terra Grappler ATs in 265 /50 R20 on an LR4?

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of the new version, the G2's, in that size. I absolutely love them. It drives 1000 times better than it did with the stock continentals.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jerks stopped making the Dune Grapplers in my size. :(

Dune Grapplers = amazing sand tires

Terra Grapplers = no idea!

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of the new version, the G2's, in that size. I absolutely love them. It drives 1000 times better than it did with the stock continentals.

Very cool. Post a pic and give me an update for conditions! Thinking about going to these potentially before I buy a set of Compos.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 285/60/18 Terra G2s (Light Truck version.) They have been excellent so far, on road and off. The only knock against them versus the stock setup or my former "milder" ATs (Yoko Geolandar ATS), which I expected, is that they are noisier, but not annoyingly so. They excel at everything else it seems, from pavement handling to rock crawling, rain, gravel, and even mud. Haven't driven them in snow or ice yet - and probably won't any time soon. Otherwise I am very happy with them.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Post a pic and give me an update for conditions! Thinking about going to these potentially before I buy a set of Compos.

Will do, it's partly taken apart in the shop right now doing a vinyl wrap but I'll get some pictures posted up when it's done. Got some snow down on the ground today too, if it sticks around long enough I'll be able to give some snow performance feedback.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, it's partly taken apart in the shop right now doing a vinyl wrap but I'll get some pictures posted up when it's done. Got some snow down on the ground today too, if it sticks around long enough I'll be able to give some snow performance feedback.

Perfect. I had a set on my LR3 on the 18s and thought they were a great all around tire.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another option to consider:

Goodyear AT Adventurer with Kevlar. I think this is a much better tire.
Highest ranked in its category by Tire Rack.

gy_wrang_atadvkev_owl_ci2_l.jpg
[/IMG]

johnsonrods.com

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the older version of those GY Adventurer tires. Been saying it for a long time on the forums, but they are great. Hold up really well and i've been very ******* them. Lots of gravel, snow, curbs, some rocks, heavy load towing.. held up really well. The sidewalls look like **** now because ive curbed them so many times, but no real serious signs of bad damage, just a little rubber top layer coming off. I am running 265/65R18 on compomotive PD1880's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM