obx closure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else here runs the outer banks of NC, but even if you don't please follow this link and enter a "plea". The tree huggers are trying to close all the beaches to vehicles. For anyone that has been to this area, you know this will crush the economy in that area. Please sign in today because this issue goes to court April 4, 2008 in Raleigh NC.

http://www.savehatterasandocracoke.com/

thanks,

Kevin

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done. Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to circulate this around the 4x4 club and forums I belong to. Joe

Reaction score
i have posted it on all the ones i am on: www.jeepsunlimited.com, www.fjbruisers.org, www.fjcruiserforums.com

thanks for helping. I can't believe that they are even discussing this issue. This is just like at Moab and off the Rubicon: start closing one little part here and there. before you know it they close off just about the entire thing. I dont usually get envolved with stuff like this, but i think this is the kind of thing they tried to sneak by.

Reaction score
For those following: the case was continued as both sides asked for more time to prepare their respective cases.

It is understood that we can not all stand in the courtroom, we can not all drop our day jobs and run to help. But we can all spend the aproximatly 2 mins to fill out a "plea". Please anyone that has not filled out a "plea", please do so. We need all the help we can get.

Reaction score
For those that have not heard about the big donation made by Toyota to The Audubon, they donated $20 million. Also for those that have not been following along in the land use and closure section, The Audubon has filed suit against the National Park Service to stop all beach travel at the Outer Banks in North Carolina. This would include pedestrian as well as OHV.

Now i am sure that alot of people are getting ready to hit the "back" button on their browser but wait just a moment. This does effect you even if you are not in the North Carolina/East coast area. These law suits can come down anywhere and they will close down your favorite trail. We all need to be really carefull to tread lightly. But i digress...

We have made a major effort to send "pleas" from the web to the politicians that can sway this particular case. Well, when it all looks the worst, it appears that we may have struck a nerve with Toyota about their donation. Toyota posted on their blog on 3/31/08 that they made this donation.
When they did, it spread like wildfire thru the chatroom, blogs, and forums to people, like myself, who were very upset to see the very company that builds vehicles to get you out onto the beach, stab us in the back. I really had to think if it was time to sell my Toyota. This was said in their latest blog entry:

"To those concerned about such legal and political issues, let me assure you, our involvement with the Audubon Society, and our donation, both are very specific. The Audubon Society may not use that money any way it wishes. Rather, it is compelled to spend it on nature centers, largely in the inner cities, that will create and offer environmental programs to young people."

To read more about this, go here: TOYOTA OPEN ROAD BLOG: Toyota and the Audubon Society: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Dept.

We must keep this vigilance up! If we were able to shake them up enough to print this, we must be getting to word out. If you are in a position where you can speak to someone of importance such as a politician on this issue, please speak up. If you are only able to fill out a "plea" from home, please do.

I think that The Audubon Society thought that this would slide right thru un-noticed until they blocked the roads to the beach. I thank and applaude all of those who have taken time from their busy days to speak up on this issue. It may seem petty to some but it means a way of life for others. For more information or to enter your "plea", visit this website:
Save Hatteras and Ocracoke Island - Hatteras PleaCast

Thanks for reading,
Kevin

t.j.

Reaction score
did it bro

that is some BS. i live in Virginia Beach and that was one of the few things to do in the summer !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72