OEM wheel stud size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveking

Reaction score
Howdy,
Well I am in a bit of a dillema facing the 24's I bought for my LR3.. The morons that sold me the rims drilled a bore of 70mm instead of 73 mm, (I have taken care of that issue with an air drill with bit).. but now Ive run into an issue with the stock wheel studs.. they are too short for me to fit my aftermarket lug nuts (which are smaller than the stock ones that came on my factory 18s..) so what I want to do is either a) buy replacement studs that are 1/2 inch longer ...(which will still allow my factory rims to be put on if Iwant to swap them out), or b)buy wheel stud extenders.
The problem I have is.. I dont know the OEM wheel stud dimensions, or if they make a wheel stud extender to fit those studs.. (which would bypass the length of the hub and could just plug the rims right in, besides the fact they would sit a little outside on the vehicle. Any help would be great and I will post some pics of what the rims look like.. They are TIS 07 black with chrome lip.. they fit the java black nice!

Does anyone know the wheel stud dimensions or if they make spacers or stud extenders for that fitment ?

Thanks,
Dave

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm.....Escalade or Land Rover? Sure you got the right ride?

Here are the wheel specs that I am aware of:

Wheel specifications:
- Pattern: 5 lug
- Pitch Circle Diameter: 120mm
- Offset is 53P (approximately 165mm or 6.5″ +/-)

daveking

Reaction score
Funny.. Yep Im sure. =) As far as that goes, Im aware of those specs already.. the problem I was having was finding aftermarket wheel studs.. although I know the lug is a 14x1.5 size.. so thats probably the size stud it is.. ( iwould guess? ).. however, Idont know the knurl number or anything because I havent pounded out any of the studs (unless Ihave to and hopefully by that time I will have a set that changes them out. )... I found a site out of the UK that sells 54mm ones that will fit the OEM hub at ZEUS ENGINEERING *zeus.uk.com*.. they are supposedly 12mm longer than oem, which would be close to half an inch (about what I need) to put on the rims. Today I am getting the remaining 3 rims bored out because they were drilled slightly incorrect (by 2 mm).. and the one I did myself I am getting the bore smoothed by the same guy.
Hopefully with the recent finding of EXt. lugs, I might not have to get studs.. and I will post some pics of how the the cars looks as soon as get the rims on it. Maybe then Ican think about getting painted wheel wells.. :proud:

daveking

Reaction score
This is a picture of one the rims outside ... :cool: This was my test rim for DIY boring.

Last edited:

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I take it, this D3 will never see any even slightly offroad lovin then lol? Also curiously enough, are these not going to rub the inside of the wheel well, or the height sensor during certain movements?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rims look nice but sorry to see you not go the other way. It is your vehicle so do as you will but dont be mad at her if she retaliates and leaves you on the side of the road on a rainny damp night
It is like telling Michael Jordan to wear bowling shoes around town.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I agree. Daveking, you have to sort of look at the culture of this board and expect some backlash like this. Most of us here are trying to fit SMALLER rims so that we can put real tires on the rig and take it offroad. That is the LR3's primary design objective. So many of us are turned off by the "Bling approach" and trying to put big stupid rims on the LR3 and low(er) profile tires.

...but yeah to each their own; nothing personal.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More friendly poking :)

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Classic! I have a friend with an H3 - I just had to send them to her :biggrin:

-Rich