Oil Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eekie

Reaction score
I change my oil on saturday and now I have a pretty good oil leak somewhere on the front of the engine. I did not over fill the oil and the drain plug and filter are dry and tight. I can't see that I did anything wrong. It never leaked any fluid until I did the oil change. I'm at a loss.

Here is the symptom & Location;

At front of the engine there is a plastic housing with a round access opening to get to the filter. It seems that there is a puddle on that cover. That is where it seems to be comming from. When I changed the oil filter it was a mess and oil went all over the place. Is there a possiblity that oil drained onto that cover and is just laying op there and running down the cover?

What do you guys think?

'04 Disco S - 54K miles

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup ... need to clean it up.

I just had the stealer fix mine ... see my link. Oilf filter had a crack and sprayed oil. They corrected and made sure all was ok.

Eekie

Reaction score
It'snot the fill tube. I read jaak's post yesterday and checked my tube and it's good. The oil seems to be only on that cover below the filter/front of the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635