oil level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h8cold

Reaction score
greetings all lr4ers.
I was checking my oil level today and the level is at the mid mark. I remember it being at the top mark when i purchase it. Where is your oil level mark?

Thanks

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
greetings all lr4ers.
I was checking my oil level today and the level is at the mid mark. I remember it being at the top mark when i purchase it. Where is your oil level mark?

Thanks

for the 2 times you measured it, was it done at a similar time after car has been used? the oil level would differ on a cold car compared to warm car.

h8cold

Reaction score
Was driven 15 miles, let sit for 10 min. And it read at the 1/2 mark.
Just wanted to know if i should add. What is the oil level is your?

Thks

Last edited:

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
The owner's manual is unambiguous on the matter. In addition to the bar graph indication there are verbal instructions. If it says Level OK then it's okay. If it wants you to add some oil it will tell you. If you add too much it's bad.

Last edited:

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent checked mine yet. isnt there a diagnostic feature where we can check level from the console? or was that just a dream?

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
i havent checked mine yet. isnt there a diagnostic feature where we can check level from the console? or was that just a dream?
That is another matter on which the owner's manual is unambiguous. :smile:

Prior to checking the oil level ensure that:
• The vehicle is on level ground.
• The engine oil has reached working temperature (oil is hot).
• The engine has been switched off for 10 minutes, as the system will not give an accurate reading until the oil level has stabilised.
The oil level can then be checked as follows:
1. Switch on the ignition (do not start the engine).
2. Ensure Park (P) is selected.
3. Select the Service menu using the driver information module menu control (see 61, VEHICLE INFORMATION AND SETTINGS MENU).
Select Oil level display from the Service menu. The current oil level status and topping-up advice is displayed in the instrument panel, top-up as instructed.
An indication of the oil level is displayed in the gauge. Messages to the right of the gauge advise you of any action you may need to take.
If the oil level is within the required operating range, the message Engine Oil Level OK will be displayed. Do not add any additional oil to the engine.
If the oil level is below the required operating range, a message advising you how much oil to add will be displayed (e.g. Add 1 Pint). Add the recommended quantity of oil.
If the message Engine Oil Level Overfilled is displayed, seek qualified assistance immediately. Do not drive the vehicle as this will cause serious damage to the engine.
If the message Engine Oil Level Underfilled is displayed, add 3.2 U.S. pints (1.5 litres) of oil, then recheck the level.
If the message Engine Oil Level Not Available is displayed, the oil level is stabilising. Switch off the ignition, wait 10 minutes, then recheck the oil level display.
If the warning message ENGINE OIL LEVEL MONITOR SYSTEM FAULT is displayed, seek qualified assistance.

Last edited:

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. i recall reading the entire manual but never really had time to try out all these things. just like working the air suspensions with your remote outside the car.

That is another matter on which the owner's manual is unambiguous. :smile:

Prior to checking the oil level ensure that:
• The vehicle is on level ground.
• The engine oil has reached working temperature (oil is hot).
• The engine has been switched off for 10 minutes, as the system will not give an accurate reading until the oil level has stabilised.
The oil level can then be checked as follows:
1. Switch on the ignition (do not start the engine).
2. Ensure Park (P) is selected.
3. Select the Service menu using the driver information module menu control (see 61, VEHICLE INFORMATION AND SETTINGS MENU).
Select Oil level display from the Service menu. The current oil level status and topping-up advice is displayed in the instrument panel, top-up as instructed.
An indication of the oil level is displayed in the gauge. Messages to the right of the gauge advise you of any action you may need to take.
If the oil level is within the required operating range, the message Engine Oil Level OK will be displayed. Do not add any additional oil to the engine.
If the oil level is below the required operating range, a message advising you how much oil to add will be displayed (e.g. Add 1 Pint). Add the recommended quantity of oil.
If the message Engine Oil Level Overfilled is displayed, seek qualified assistance immediately. Do not drive the vehicle as this will cause serious damage to the engine.
If the message Engine Oil Level Underfilled is displayed, add 3.2 U.S. pints (1.5 litres) of oil, then recheck the level.
If the message Engine Oil Level Not Available is displayed, the oil level is stabilising. Switch off the ignition, wait 10 minutes, then recheck the oil level display.
If the warning message ENGINE OIL LEVEL MONITOR SYSTEM FAULT is displayed, seek qualified assistance.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. i recall reading the entire manual but never really had time to try out all these things. just like working the air suspensions with your remote outside the car.

How is that done?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112