On the subject of warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a warranty from Ford ESP in January for their platinum care(what ever the name of their highest coverage) for additional 5/50k, pushing me over the 100k mark if I keep it that long. I paid $3600.

Also, I just took my LR4 into the dealer for an oil change yesterday and they mentioned that LR just started a LR branded extended warranty that is worth checking into. I asked how the LR branded warranty compared vs the previous 3rd party warranty offered at my dealership and my sales guy said it was probably comparable and maybe just a few hundred dollars cheaper.
Very helpful - thanks! :)

I only have 1,500 miles on my LR4, but since I plan to keep it for several years (likely past the warranty), so I will certainly be looking into aftermarket or LR warranties. Do you need to buy the warranty before the 50,000 mile mark? I think I remember that requirement?

-David

GBRover

Reaction score
evaluating warranty?

I just came from my LR dealer. 2011 LR4 is at 46,000 and considering purchasing an extended warranty. For an additional 3years I was quoted about $4,000. Consensus seems to be that if I am considering keeping the car past 50,000 I should definitely purchase a warranty.

What do other readers think? Is the price of $4,000 competitive?

Thanks for your advice!!!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came from my LR dealer. 2011 LR4 is at 46,000 and considering purchasing an extended warranty. For an additional 3years I was quoted about $4,000. Consensus seems to be that if I am considering keeping the car past 50,000 I should definitely purchase a warranty.

What do other readers think? Is the price of $4,000 competitive?

Thanks for your advice!!!

Paid $2,000 for my certified warranty from LR Hanover here in MA...
Was initially quoted $3,500 by another dealership.
$4k seems pretty high.
In any case, certified equals peace of mind.

GBRover

Reaction score
That sounds like a very good price. Is the the complete bumper to bumper coverage? Do recall the name of the underwriting company. I live in the same area as you and I suspect shopping around makes sense. The dealer who I bought my car from tends not to discount much!

Thanks...

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a very good price. Is the the complete bumper to bumper coverage? Do recall the name of the underwriting company. I live in the same area as you and I suspect shopping around makes sense. The dealer who I bought my car from tends not to discount much!

Thanks...

It is indeed pretty good. However I had been shopping around for almost 5 months at that point.
Not sure who the underwritting company is.
This is the Land Rover certified program. It is bumper to bumper minus items that wear off such as brakes otherwise full coverage.
I also have to say that I didn't haggle them on the sale price as it was very well priced for this area.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is indeed pretty good. However I had been shopping around for almost 5 months at that point.
Not sure who the underwritting company is.
This is the Land Rover certified program. It is bumper to bumper minus items that wear off such as brakes otherwise full coverage.
I also have to say that I didn't haggle them on the sale price as it was very well priced for this area.

I'll have to ask them about it when I pick up my LR4 in 6 weeks or so. Was this on a new LR4?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to ask them about it when I pick up my LR4 in 6 weeks or so. Was this on a new LR4?

No, a used one. I am not sure LR offers extended warranties.
Even though someone on the forum (possibly this thread actually) mentioned that they may soon offer it...

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, a used one. I am not sure LR offers extended warranties.
Even though someone on the forum (possibly this thread actually) mentioned that they may soon offer it...

Oh ok. That is what I thought you were referring to.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I mentioned this previously, but did not follow up - sorry.

I know when I purchased my 2013 back in June they had some warranty available, but told me I did not have to get it now that I could get it for the same price. At the time, I said OK and did not think much of it, but I should have looked into it more.

I just dug up the paperwork, but was in a hurry heading to work because my bike had yet another flat tire! I'll look when I get home and post to this thread.......

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I mentioned this previously, but did not follow up - sorry.

I know when I purchased my 2013 back in June they had some warranty available, but told me I did not have to get it now that I could get it for the same price. At the time, I said OK and did not think much of it, but I should have looked into it more.

I just dug up the paperwork, but was in a hurry heading to work because my bike had yet another flat tire! I'll look when I get home and post to this thread.......

-David

Thanks. No rush - obviously!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax