Online Land Rover parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obsteve

Reaction score
I'm starting to search for lower control arms to replace my 70K old clunkers (literally). I've found them on parts.com, raceparts.com, and partsgeek.com. Have you had experience with these or others in terms of quality, service, support, etc? Are there others that you would recommend?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://bputah.com/

The have the bushings and ball joints listed on their site. I have had good dealing with them previously. If you call or email they may be able to get the hole control arm too.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had positive experiences ordering from bputah and parts.com. They both sell oem parts, with the ones for parts.com actually coming from a LR dealer in Florida.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the bushings from roverparts.com/ atlantic british and plan to press them in myself. I am guessing you could take them to a machine shop and have them pressed in for much cheaper than buying the whole arm. There is a diy write up as well on replacing the bushings, search to check that out.

obsteve

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Kingfish.. I read through a number of posts on this forum and others that suggests that the best tact is to replace the whole arm(s), bushings and all. I figure that I can keep the original arms and replace the bushings at my leisure with no pressure to get it done in X number of days while my trucks on blocks. Let me know how that works for you and I'll do the same. While there are good write-ups out there on common issues such as these more info with pictures and video cant hurt others get over the intimidation of DIY.

obsteve

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Kingfish... I've read from posts on this forum and others that the easiest course of action is to replace the arms bushings and all. I figure that I can replace the bushings in the original arms at my leisure without the pressure of having my truck on blocks and out of action. Let us know how it works out for you and I'll do the same. While there is some good information on this common issue it never hurts to have more.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
I went ahead and replaced the entire LCA's. both sides :D

atlantic-british has the parts in stock, ive ordered from them several times with zero problems.

delcoquito

Reaction score
Recently placed my first order with www.bputah.com and am glad I did. Best prices, prompt delivery and most importantly someone always answers the phone and responds to emails. I'm a stickler for good service.

CD

RumRunnr

Reaction score
I tried to first order the bushings only, took them to an indy shop, and they literally quit in the middle of the project stating that it was too hard and taking too long.

My LR dealer refused to replace bushings only, and instead advised whole control arms be replaced. Atlantic British has the control arms in stock cheaper than the dealer, so call them and get a quote. then talk to the LR dealer parts manager and they will match the atlantic british price.

Suck it up and replace both sides, because chances are the other side will go soon and you will have to pay another $200 for alignment.

Once my LCA's were replaced, I felt like I was in a BMW again and it was worth the cash.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72