Ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spatterso

Reaction score
Salesmen at 2 separate dealerships have told me that you CANNOT order an LR3 to your specifications. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone ordered one? If so, how did you do it? I am beginning to feel like they are trying to sell me whatever they have in the current stock, despite what we are looking for, which apparently is a rare combination!

Rimini Red
Black interior
Walnut wood
Heavy Duty package
Luxury Package
Sirius.

Last edited:

mzaver

Reaction score
The dealer wants you to take what he has on the lot - it's easier for them to do so. Stick to your guns or go to another dealer. I have an '07 HSE. I wanted a black interior and the HD package. At my dealership it was 'unheard of' to want a black interior. After a week or so they 'found' one with a black interior but no HD package. The only way to get the HD package is to order from the factory (which apparently can take months). I settled for the non-HD version.

I'm very pleased with my LR3. However - deep down I wish I would have waited to get the HD package. When I was looking the HD package was 'only' $500 extra - I don't understand why LR doesn't just include that in the price - $500 on a $50k vehicle won't make a difference. Just my 2 cents...

spatterso

Reaction score
I am going to insist on it. I have one dealer that is working on it now. I also want the black interior, walnut accents, and HD package. Really, my wife is pushing for the wood, since she will also be driving the car. I know off-roading will be better with the HD package.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Black interior AND exterior. Talk about "unheard of." Walnut looks GREAT in it by the way.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an '08 to replace my almost-out-of-warranty '05 and the dealer had the same sad story--no one brings in LR3''s in January and the ones that came in before Christmas are all sold, ordering from the factory is a June/July delivery thing. Did I want a Silver HSE instead of a White SE? I said I'd only take the HSE if he would change out the 19-inch wheels for 18-inch at his cost. Then I said "no" on the silver. He's looking, but not very fast.

David

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he wants to sell you something you don't want i wouldn't do it I would get what you want or you will regret it later on.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can order, but it takes 3-4 months from what I understand. I wish they could do a nation wide inventory search like Nissan and other makers can do. Don't hold out on the walnut trim, that is something you can add later, but everything else can only come from the factory.

spatterso

Reaction score
Well, the dealer called on Thursday, found what I was looking for, HD package included. now, it's in my driveway. Squeekiest wheel gets the oil, I guess. thanks for all of your responses.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the dealer called on Thursday, found what I was looking for, HD package included. now, it's in my driveway. Squeekiest wheel gets the oil, I guess. thanks for all of your responses.

Sweet!! Congrats! Post some pics when you get time.

-Rich

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd