Out with Old, In with New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HikeNbike

Reaction score
So as many of you on this Forum know, i pretty much modified every part of my vehicle that can be modified. I did not just tweak things with an aftermarket mentality, i put engineering and significant thought in to my truck. However I've done everything i can to it, and had fun doing so. Regardless i do this for fun, not to make money. So basically i want to start all over again with a new 6 cyl.

I am going to sell my current build, so PM me if you or a friend is a real LR enthusiast and want to buy a perfect and highly equipped Beast. Unbeatable Disco! (The Real Black Mamba) See Photos..

I'm also going to start a separate thread and track the new build. Ive consulted some of my in-house engineers (Work related) and we are going to design all the new panels. NO TR, NO ARB, no UOR, ect...

The first real custom Discovery since the Camel days. "Stay Tuned"
George-

Attachments

• LAND ROVER.jpg
    LAND ROVER.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 50
  • front corner.jpg
    front corner.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • front corner 2.jpg
    front corner 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • wheeling 1.jpg
    wheeling 1.jpg
    725.6 KB · Views: 56
  • wheeling 2.jpg
    wheeling 2.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 55

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you are getting a 2014? Wow - very excited to see what you come up with!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat bumper. I should dig around in your posts to find out what that is... maybe later.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat bumper. I should dig around in your posts to find out what that is... maybe later.
That's a Tactical 4x4 front bumper with various custom modifications.

I am still trying to figure out if I am going the T44 or ARB route when I do a front bumper.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a Tactical 4x4 front bumper with various custom modifications.

I am still trying to figure out if I am going the T44 or ARB route when I do a front bumper.

I'd be curious about the crush bars and how it compares in terms of safety. I know it is probably very solid, but since you use it on the road, the airbag testing and compliance is pretty important.

The ARB bumpers seem to have a lot of engineering put into them. Not to put down a few guys in a shop with some welders, but im just saying.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious about the crush bars and how it compares in terms of safety. I know it is probably very solid, but since you use it on the road, the airbag testing and compliance is pretty important.

The ARB bumpers seem to have a lot of engineering put into them. Not to put down a few guys in a shop with some welders, but im just saying.
I think the Tactical 4x4 front bumper is extremely well made and does comply with all crash testing for the airbags. Those guys run a great operations with excellent products. With that said, I also like the fact that ARB is a bigger company and has a lot of R&D behind their bumpers. Looks wise, I prefer the ARB, but there are aspects of the T44 front bumper that I really like. Price wise, the ARB is around $1,800USD and the T44 is $1,400USD.

I am still a few months away from thinking about this seriously and placing my order, but I am leaning toward the ARB.

-David

HikeNbike

Reaction score
The air bag sensors fit in the original location (ARB and TR) with that amount of steel blocking them, it would be hard for either to deploy. No offense but that was not a well thought comment.

I assure everyone on this forum, ARB has never crash tested a land rover to meet DOT standards, they wouldn't know where to start. This is an aftermarket discussion. the majority of the modifications we do to our vehicles our not agency approved...)

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the new build George.

Year and mileage on your current LR4?

HikeNbike

Reaction score
2012 LR4 HSE LUX
Vision asssit
HD PKG
Cold Weather Pkg
32,000 Odo
35K Upgrades

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air bag sensors fit in the original location (ARB and TR) with that amount of steel blocking them, it would be hard for either to deploy. No offense but that was not a well thought comment.

I assure everyone on this forum, ARB has never crash tested a land rover to meet DOT standards, they wouldn't know where to start. This is an aftermarket discussion. the majority of the modifications we do to our vehicles our not agency approved...)
I really thought that T44 and ARB complied in that the air bags would be deployed in the case of a crash - didn't think about all that steel. I spoke to an ARB engineering rep. at the 4x4 truck show here in northern CA a few weeks ago and he told me that ARB has tested their front bumper and the air bags work on impact, though you are right -- who knows if that was an LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4