Potential New HSE Owner - With Accessory Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering a new '07 HSE this week, and have some questions about accessories:

1) Dog guard: anyone have one and what are your thoughts? How much did it cost and how easy is it to remove?

2) Dealer-installed DVD system: Is it good? Are the headphones wireless? How does it work and how much did you pay?

3) What month/year should my late build Nav disk have?

Thanks in advance,

Patriot

mhb907

Reaction score
Transporting Dogs

Rather than buying the LR dog barrier, I just put a dog crate in the cargo area and secure it to the cargo tie downs.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer installed DVD system is really good for a roof-mounted, self-contained system. I much prefer the head-rest mounted system in the RRS, however. The head phones are wireless. It works well, I can reachup and hit all the controls from the driver's seat or let the varmints in the back seat use the remote.

I bought a floor showcase model with every dealer-installed accessory in LRdom, so I did not add it specifically. I did receive a quote from the local dealer for $3000 installed-yikes!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dog guard is really good and easy to mount. It makes an excellent barrier for mounting things to if you are packing it to the gills on an excursion type trip.

No comments about the dvd player, I have not played with one. The HSE is very nice. Enjoy that sound system and uber-bright headlights.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4