Advice needed, stalling with P2279 (intake air system leak) 2012 LR4 HSE 5.0 138,*** miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulius

Reaction score
Sure doesn’t sound like a timing chain issue from your description. What kind of scan tool are you using? When you read fuel pressure, is it rail pressure (high pressure) or the low pressure side of the system? When it runs (before dying) is it running rough or smooth?
I have an Icarsoft LR V3. It was reading in the 70’s ignition on engine off, high 400’s to mid 500’s when idling and around 2100 when on the accelerator. It would run smooth right until dying, no misfires detected.

Paulius

Reaction score
There is no readable value for the low pressure pump. Can you go WOT without any hiccups in the power band? Does it feel like all the normal power? If so I would rule out fuel system. if your not convinced, run some BG44K through it, doubt it will help thought.

Highly doubt it is timing related, when you start it does it run normally before it stalls?

also another thing you can do, if you can get the car to warm up is check fuel trims, short term and long term.

found a jag service bulletin that said, "Check part load breather pipe for leaks or disconnected Check brake vacuum pipe for leaks or disconnected Check intake air system for leaks"

If it were me personally I would check for vacuum leaks via smoke test. I would also make sure that your vacuum pump is working right, how does the brake pedal feel?
Thanks for the pointers. Current situation is it’s still in the same shop. The one other shop that actually works on LR’s in my area said they trust the shop it’s in and don’t do any timing related repairs because they wrap up their master tech for too long so if brought to them they would refer back to the same shop it’s in to complete the work. I went and spoke to the tech in person and explained my concerns a little better I think. Their Master tech is on vacation till Monday and will take a look at it more in depth when he returns.

Thanks to everyone for looking into it.

Paulius

Reaction score
Follow up
Turned out to be the low pressure fuel pump. Weird that it didn’t throw any additional codes. The tech said he had to tie in to the fuel line to read the pressure coming from the tank to figure it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72