Proud owner of a 2006 LR3 V6 SE (new to me!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcome. I'm sure I will be asking people for more help as time goes on... not necessary a bad thing..

I've installed a HID kit yesterday... what a difference in light output! If I have more moola I would've just buy a set of HSE headlights and do a plug and play... but with my limited funds right now it is not an option...

The most important issue for me right now is to do preventive maintenance.. most notably interior leaks.. It seems that these trucks are fairly solid with the exception of a few things.. one of them being that leak... I would like to be proactive in preventing any future headaches...

I can't seem to find any good pictorial step-by-step kind of thread about doing it though.. if someone can shine a light to that it would be great!

see here:
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14507

ar_ken

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will surely take a look at that damn drain on the weekend.. again, it hasn't leak anything but you always want to be "one up" on these cars... having driven European cars all my life, I've learned to stay ahead in maintenance and save $..

Second issue, it seems like the online resources for the 4.0 V6 for the LR3 is relatively rare.. am I driving a orphaned child? Anyone care to shine a light on this? Thanks again!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second issue, it seems like the online resources for the 4.0 V6 for the LR3 is relatively rare.. am I driving a orphaned child? Anyone care to shine a light on this? Thanks again!

The V6 is almost completly maintainence free. It's sourced from Jaguar, but rumors vary. I know the Jag guys use it in race platforms.

Trynian

Reaction score
The V6 is almost completly maintainence free. It's sourced from Jaguar, but rumors vary. I know the Jag guys use it in race platforms.

I thought it was a Ford V6 and the 8 was Jaguar. Thats what Tim my tech guy tells me.

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
it seems like the online resources for the 4.0 V6 for the LR3 is relatively rare.. am I driving a orphaned child? Anyone care to shine a light on this? Thanks again!

What type of resources are you looking for? My tech guy tells me they rarely ever have to do any repairs on the 6.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a Ford V6 and the 8 was Jaguar. Thats what Tim my tech guy tells me.

As I said, rumors vary. Gerry at OC Rover says Jag, and I think he went to the UK to be trained on it before he went Indy. I Know the Ford Ranger v6 has parts that don't fit because I tried :)

Trynian

Reaction score
As I said, rumors vary. Gerry at OC Rover says Jag, and I think he went to the UK to be trained on it before he went Indy. I Know the Ford Ranger v6 has parts that don't fit because I tried :)

Either way it is a good engine.

ar_ken

Reaction score
I'm mostly looking for things like oil change instructions, air filter replace, somewhere along those lines... if there's not a lot on the internet right now, maybe I'll get it started and get my hands (and camera) dirty!

Good to hear it's a solid engine.. at least that's one less thing for me to worry about..

Trynian

Reaction score
I'm mostly looking for things like oil change instructions, air filter replace, somewhere along those lines... if there's not a lot on the internet right now, maybe I'll get it started and get my hands (and camera) dirty!

Good to hear it's a solid engine.. at least that's one less thing for me to worry about..

Some of the info is in the owners manual. If you don't have one you can dload one here.

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

There is not much out there because I don't think they sell many of the gas V6 in all the markets since they have the TDV6 in other markets.

ar_ken

Reaction score
Update - 2000 km later

So I've racked up around 2000 km on my LR3.. loving it so far.. brought the dogs out a few times and gone through a snow storm here in Toronto... won't drive anything else :cool:

With the average speed being 40km/h (mixed city/hwy driving) I'm getting about 16.5L/100km (14.2 MPG). Sounds about right for a vehicle this weight and size.

I do miss the power of my previous cars, but the drive itself is in a totally different league.. like laying on a bed getting a nice massage after a day of heavy lifting. Super smooth and quiet. Never felt strained, just not earth shattering speed that's all.

Will keep updating - feel free to post any opinions and suggestions :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72