Pulse Plugs ? Y or N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting New Spark Plugs. I Was Doing A Little Investigating and Noticed Pulse Plugs http://www.pulstarplug.com/ have any one used this? If not what are your comments.

meyersd

Reaction score
Snake oil. Your 1963 General Motors designed V8 was designed to perform at it's best with straight copper plugs.

bleizit

Reaction score
After reading all of their literature and 'news' articles, I see no satisfactory argument to use these pulse plugs. How is 1,000,000 watts superior to 50 watts? On their video, what plug are they comparing to? It's also funny how they designed their own testing method, E-PEP, to support their own position regarding increased torque. According to their own literature... everyone using these plugs will see a 5% increase in engine efficiency. If any product could do that, we'd hear about it constantly via every media outlet and they would charge a lot more than $25 per plug. I'd love to know what the longevity is like for these plugs. There's alot of areas where we could spend $200 on our discos, but not for plugs alone. I think these are the new definition of voodoo plugs, but if you try them tell us about them! I'd love to know before and after MPG, performance, etc...

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulse Plugs ? Y or N

I am thinking of getting New Spark Plugs. I Was Doing A Little Investigating and Noticed Pulse Plugs http://www.pulstarplug.com/ have any one used this? If not what are your comments.

This one reminds me of an old Gimmick that a company put together years ago. It was a coil booster that pushed on the end of you coil and was supposed to really rock your world…………… all I got to say is I did get my money back.
This is not only a gimmick, they even have the ionization theory wrong also amps create heat not voltage, voltage needs amps to create the heat. It’s not how ignition works. First of all, there are 2 windings in a coil, primary, (The large outer windings, large and not dense), and the secondary ones which are in the center of the primary windings. These secondary windings are very thin and dense. The primary and secondary windings do not touch, if they do, your buying a new one. When the coil is being energized, (points closed), there is current that passes through the primary wires, in this state, this does not fire the plug, and does not induce any current to the plugs. At this state since the potential energy, ( magnetic field in the primary windings), has little to no effect on the secondary coil pack, and therefore there is no current in the secondary system Kinda blows the ionization theory, plus there are no amps hurt anything. When the electricity is shut off, (open circuit - points open ) this is when the current in the primary windings collapses and induces current into the secondary windings this is where the current of 12 volts and a few amps convert into 60,000 +/- volts with a very small fraction of a amp called milliamps. This is enough electrical push, ( voltage), to jump the plug gap under compression and fire the plug. Yes the coil fires when the current to the coil is turned off, ( points open condition).

This “ionization theory is a hoax, if there is no complete circuit, then all that there can possibly be in the secondary windings is potential energy, which is what a battery is, nothing happens till you touch the 2 posts with a conductor. And any static currents are way, way too small to amount to anything, otherwise it would affect the operation of the cpu or processors which operate in millivolts.

With this kind of trickery, and at 25 bucks a plug, you’d think they were running for public office…………….

Watch out for the snakes………. Chongo
:bandit:

Last edited:

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snakes...............

I just copied this and pasted this off their site

http://www.pulstarplug.com/

Pulse plugs incorporate a pulse circuit, which stores incoming electrical energy from the ignition system and releases the stored energy in a powerful pulse of power. Instead of 50 watts of peak power typical of all spark plugs, pulse plugs deliver up to 1 million watts of peak power. So where does the pulse plug get its incredible power?

This is interesting, They claim a million watts……………… wow
Well, let’s figure this out
Watts is equal to volts times amps for example

Your house is on a 120 volt system, you have a 20 amp breaker

Hence…… 120volts x 20 amps = 2400 watts for that one breaker circuit.

Or V X A = W Using basic algebra We can also substitute this as
W / V = A
So since they are claiming one million watts, let’s find out how much juice this really is………

1,000,000 watts divided by 120 volts should give us the amps period!
And I’m coming up with 8,333.333333 amps @ 200 amps per house per panel I get 41.667 houses . This means that 1,000,000 watts is equal to the total power 41.667 houses can use at peak service with 200 amp services. And they want me to believe that a little spark plug can generate a million watts ?
Wire size @ 120 volts is a 10 gauge wire for every 25 amps, or 3000 watts.
This adds up to 333 ten gauge wires to handle this load...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or one solid (one inch and three sixteenths) solid cable.......That's one heck of a plug wire if you ask me..............
I THINK THEY’RE SMOKIN CRACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out for the SNAKES........ Chongo...........
:bandit:

Last edited:

bleizit

Reaction score
Anyone interested in these plugs should run a general search for 'pulse plug problems' and read the variety of other forums (particularly from saki shifters) that have had problems, concerns, failings, no refunds, etc... One thread was really telling. The first posting raved about how great the plugs were...next posting, about a month later, they were failing... 30 day money back warranty for a reason...

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member