Putting larger tires on 2009 RRS HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st312

Reaction score
Bought a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE about a year ago.
It came standard with 20" Stormer wheels and 275/40-R20 tires.

I RARELY go off-road, but Chicago roads are full of *** holes, speed bumps, constant parallel parking, and snow and ice in the winter. I also have family in Colorado, so do the occasional road trip to the rockies for hiking/skiing. For those reasons I'm looking at 275/55-R20 tires and using sensor rods to get lift from the EAS.

1. Is 1.5", 2", or 2.5" lift recommended to accommodate the increased tire height of the 275/55?

2. What's the general consensus on manipulating the EAS with the rods to get desired lift for everyday usage?

3. Would spacers be necessary?

4. Thoughts on powder coating the Stormer wheels black?

5. Thoughts on purchasing a set of 18" wheels with 255/65 or 255/60 tires and switching back and forth between winter and summer?

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Rubbing when turning will the be biggest issue. The lifts will make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Nothing wrong with adjusting the EAS with long term. I make and sell lift sets in 1.5 and 2.5 inch, tested with daily use for over a year before we sold them, no issues.

I think the wheels would look good in black.

Winter/Summer wheels is what I did.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV