Question about an alarm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

livefreeordie

I have recently bought a 1989 ranger rover, started working on it. Most everything is in good shape, except it has an exhaust leak and a few more minor things. Yesterday after hooking up all the electronics again, when I cranked it there was the normal series of seatbelt and door ajar bells, but then an alarm came on, a ear-piercing nonstop ring. I just want to know what this alarm is and how to stop it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not factory. It is pobably mounted under the dash above the acceleration pedal.

L

livefreeordie

Maybe alarm is not the right word. It doesnt sound like a anti-theft alarm,but just like the seat belt- door ajar bell, only it is a constant sound.

96Rover

Oh i know what your talking about, my 88 Rover did the same thing once, i cant remember what its called but tomorow i can find out for you.

96Rover

ok with my 88 rover it was the 4x4 gear selector, it would come on every once in a while. What i did was put the truck into 4wheel drive, drove about 1/2 mile and put it back into normal drive. It took care of the problem but every once in a while it still makes the noise.

S

skydiver

96Rover said:
ok with my 88 rover it was the 4x4 gear selector, it would come on every once in a while. What i did was put the truck into 4wheel drive, drove about 1/2 mile and put it back into normal drive. It took care of the problem but every once in a while it still makes the noise.

you're talking about the diff lock.. the truck is full time 4wd. :biggrin:

sometimes once you disengage the diff lock, you have to drive backwards to 'unwind' the transfer case, which will cause the diff lock light to go out, and that bell to quiet itself.

-tommy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM