Range rover rev counter problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

holly

I have just brought a 91' classic 3.9 vouge se, the problem is the rev counter dosent work!
Where do I start to solve the problem?
Is it more likley to be a dash problem or under bonnet??
i would be gratefull for any help!!
thanks for taking the time to read this!!

jholewka

Reaction score
the tach, which i'm i believe you mean by rev counter is driven from a signal from coil, check connections on coil first then perhaps bad connections at back of tach itself.
Jim

R

Roverdude

Tach on the 91 RR is connected to the ALTERNATOR. If your tach is dead, so is your alternator. Should be putting out about 14v. Check it out asap as if you're driving around w/o a tach, you're driving on the battery only and on borrowed time.
Good luck!
Dave
"Guinnevere" 91 RR
"TBD" 03 FL SE3

jholewka

Reaction score
OK the signal comes from alt, but isn't that wire connected to the coil which feeds the tach? Also I believe that if the alternator craps out the battery symbol on dash will illuminate. I could be wrong, but on my TR7 and TR8 that's how it's set-up. Both are electrical driven tachs, and in fact the TR8 is the same as the Rover tach.
Regards
Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo