Remote Lock/Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb907

Reaction score
The remote lock/unlock feature on my 2006 LR3 is not working properly.
The specific issues are:

Locking
Pushing the lock button does not always lock the vehicle. When it does lock, the locking is mostly instant but a few times I have to hold the button down for up to 20 seconds. When the car does not lock, I have to open and then close any door before the remote will lock the doors.

Unlocking
Pushing the unlock button the first time usually unlocks the driver’s door. The second push of the unlock button unlocks the remaining door quickly about 90% of the time. The remaining times, I have to hold the unlock button down for close to a minute. Repeated short pushes of the unlock button do not cause the remaining doors to unlock.

This situation happens with both keys.

My LR dealer ran diagnostic on the system and could not find any error codes. In addition, the software for both the locking system and the security system is current and there are no signs of a corrupted file.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
i had a similair problem, luckily i have an extended warranty, in my case i had to use the emergency lock at times. They had to replace a wiring harness that had been pinched at sometime.

mhb907

Reaction score
Do you have the specifics? Where was the pinched part of the wiring harness?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an intermittent remote earlier this year. The problem was corroded wiring next to the passenger front sill. Is you carpet damp around the front passenger floor?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635