Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Juan the two you have mentioned are about the best. I have use them both on several occasions and always found their ervice to be good. I do know of one or two more parts dealers over here with web addresses which i will eventually be getting round to posting on the links section.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Rich - I'm 18 and work full time as a Mobile Systems Engineer; i.e. playing with cellular phones all day and comparing their actions to a set of actions listed on paper. I just bought my first car, a Red 1998 D1, and besides the squeaky brake pads and the broken window mover uppper-downer thing, i love the car!

I plan to load it up with some high-quality alpine speakers. (The stock ones... well... sound very stock) Then slowly replace each and every part of the car with higher-quality parts that will make this an offroading monster. ;)

Great forums everyone, hopefully I can learn a lot from everyone!

Rich

Lighting90

Reaction score
Well, I suppose I should join in with the intro's
I am 36, and work in a private architects office, married, and my wife is the Architect to Edinburgh Castle. So we try to avoid talking about buildings at home, hence the Landies.
We own several Rovers, One 1952 Series one, still fairly original, and great for the one sunny day we get in Scotland, with the top down. We also have a 1991 200TDI Defender 90 SW. Driven it to Romania and back a couple of years ago. Great fun, and plan to do something like that again next year.
Plus we have two Rover cars as well, just for good measure.

I have been driving landies since I could reach the pedals, was brought up on a farm. Spent many hours in the back of them, travelling around the farm, using them for the job they were designed for. Now I just drive them for pleasure, my wife drives them on shopping trips, she finds it easier to win the free parking space stand off. :proud:

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's my turn, somehow I missed this thread. Anyways, I'm 28, married with two beautiful girls, one 2 years old and the other three months. I work in law enforcement and have been doing so for the last 5 years or so.

Rover's are new to the wife and I. We've had several other SUV's but we're glad to have this one. In fact, I wouldn't mind having one for myself when my Ranger lease is up.

I really enjoy this site and hope I can see some of you folks out on the trail.

Last edited:
S

super_poser

Ok its my turn. I just turned 45. My big problem is my waist line is keeping up with my age!!!! My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary in July. We have 2 kids, a girl 17 and a boy 14. So we are gearing up for the college thing. For the last 21 years I have worked installing and repairing CT scanners and my wife and I also have a company we run out of our home selling and repairing lab equpiment. I have a 1994 Discovery with a lift, diff guards,BFG MT's and a roof rack. I am trying to swing a winch right now. Charles Allen :biggrin: I almost forgot Jack B. Dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

demomanz

Hello from Downunder.

Hi, Im Tony ( only 50 yo) from Auckland, New Zealand. Run a Civil Contracting business, 3 Kids, 23,20, and 16. Been unmarried to same lady for 17 yrs. Been reading this Forum for weeks now, felt guilty about using all the free info so i joined up Yesterday. Best forum i've been to for a long time, no bitchiness or crap, just good advice and a world of enthused pple. A longtime G.M. Holden fan, the Disco I was seen for sale on the roadside on Saturday, and without telling the Missus I made a cheeky offer that was accepted on Monday sort of deal!! so i was stuck with it. ( had to buy her a new oven and extractor fan for the kitchen when she found out!!) After fixing all the usual faults, and used as a work wagon last 2 months, ive become so attached to it to the point of looking for a reasonably priced Disco II.( Hard to find)

1995 Disco 3.9 V8, getting Cats cut out this weekend and chip reprogrammed.
2000 Ford Fairmont 4.0
1991 Holden V6 3.8
1987 Nissan Navara 2.3 petrol 4wd ( best value truck i've ever owned, a bit slow but now at 200,000Km and cost us a couple of batteries, tyres ,a clutch, driveshaft centre brng, brake rotors and pads, and not much else in the 6 yrs we've owned it, and believe me she's been rolled bowled and ar**holed in that time.)
1998 V.W. Polo 1.6

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM