Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Hayes

1997 Disco 1
recently parted with a beautiful 1992 Classic

Recently married. Hopefully going to dental school. Besides rovers, I play in a band. I own a taylor and an american strat.

I'll be here a lot . . .

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way we can all put this together? The world is coming apart at the seams, and it "seems" to me, there are a number of "goodly folk" on these pages! Lets start a bonafied Thread of discussion! May I be so presumptious as to start on a subject close to all of us? Thank you I will! Lets talk about...."Passing power" in our Discoveries! Any one out there know of a way to improve performance without burning something up? I'm game to listen....

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! what model Taylor do you own? cutaway? Do you play mostly rock, or a little funky acoustic? Good to meet ya!

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
redrover51 said:
Hey! what model Taylor do you own? cutaway? Do you play mostly rock, or a little funky acoustic? Good to meet ya!

It is not a cutaway, I wish. It is a 414 - Koa wood. Koa is hit and miss, but my Taylor rocks. I play kind of alternative, and write all of my music. Nice meeting you too!

bhodisatva

Reaction score
38, freelance headchef, own and drive daily a series three airportable. mods include parabolic springs, koni gas shocks, fairey overdrive, wheel arch eyebrows, 235/85 r16 a/t's, kenlowe fan, cubby box fitted in place of centre seat, and last but not least free wheel hubs. other than that she is an all original spec 1973 2.25 3brg petrol on original running gear. had to replace the rear crossmember when i bought her, but that was the only welding needing doing. good luck with the site, i will probably call in from time to time.

C

Cozmo

Tom Vogel
36 MWM
1 child
3 Rovers, 01 DII, 73 SIII 88(resto project), 73 SIII 88(parts car)
Metairie LA

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slam said:
It is not a cutaway, I wish. It is a 414 - Koa wood. Koa is hit and miss, but my Taylor rocks. I play kind of alternative, and write all of my music. Nice meeting you too!
Hey Sam, where are you in relation to Nashville Tennessee? I live about 90 miles away. Is there a way we can form a "journey". The hills of Tennessee are AWESOME! I am currently producing a c.d., "redrover"....a parody of different types of world music. It would be cool to all get it together if we live close. later...

D

discomike

Old Man

Anthony,
Wrong, I am the old man of the group at 57, well really 58 on April 7th., and you don't know how much it hurts me to say it.
After getting my 4 kids out and into the world I have decided to do my thing and purchased a stock 99 Disco 2 a year and a half ago. I have done lots of modifications and continue to push my truck and myself ever since.
In the past I have owned a number of full size Blazers, but they don't work for me any more.
I have been in the automotive business all my life, mainly in service, and continue to push Rovers.
Sam, this is a great Web Site you have started, "Thanks".

D

discomike

Sam and his Locker desires

So Sam,
In an e-mail to me you mentioned looking at lockers for your 97 Disco, what are you going to use?
I just couldn't do the main stream thing and use ARB's so I went to a Detroit in the rear and a True Trac in the front. That along with reactivating my CDL ,by way of a solonoid kit from Australia, and adding 4:11's, turned my 99 D2 into a half track.
So what are you gong to do???

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arb Lockers

I have been debating between the arb and the detroit. Form what I can gather, detroit are better for the money. Not only do you not have to cut up the dash with some arb buttons, but you actually correct the castor problem you have with the lift.

I know you are not really "fixing" the castor problem, but the TT front lockers might help the drifting on the highway.

ARB have increased their price.

Overall, I think I am going to go with the same setup that Mike has :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM