Roof Rack Pads - Have any you like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a couple paddle boards (SUPs) and I need some pads for my factory roof racks. I don't need padding, actually, it's just that the rubber strip on top is rubbing off on the surf boards. Maybe it always does that, or maybe it's 10 years of sunlight breaking it down.

So, I was looking for the most form fitting low profile pads I can find. I want to leave them on.

The only two I found of interest were the
"Dakine Aero Rack Pads" and the "Yakima SUP Cossbar Pads"
They're both about 28" long. The SUPs are 34" wide (and our racks seem to be about 42" of useable space, but I didn't measure them.) The pads don't have to be as long as the SUPs are wide, though.

What are you using? I don't want a block of foam or the cheapies from the local surf shop with the pull ties on the ends. Again, low profile that I can leave on.

Thanks for any tips!

dakine-aero-rack-pads-long-black.jpg

Y04071_18_1000.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just in case anyone else is ever looking at this thread, I got the Dakines.
Both have good reviews, both companies have good customer support. I just figured I'd rather be sporting the Dakine logo.

If they don't make noise and I don't get sick of the look, I'll leave them on for the summer anyway. We'll see...

FullSizeRender18-vi.jpg

FullSizeRender16-vi.jpg

My racks get a lot of use. I'm routinely throwing kayaks, canoe, SUPs and other odds and ends up there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72