Roof Rack Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willi

Reaction score
Ok, newbie with roof racks here, and I'm facing a dilemma: I want something that won't cause a lot of wind noise, it's safe and can hande jerry cans and maybe a spare on the roof.

Explaining all this a bit better: I live in brazil. Here, accessories for any Land Rover that isn't a Defender is incredibly hard to come by.

I found a genuine Land Rover G4 Challenge roof rack. Complete, just lacking the auxiliary lights.
I might make a steel plate that fits the hole and has a countersunk profile for flat LED lights, make them look embedded in the wind guard.

Thing is, this bad boy is for a Range Rover Sport. I'll fit a LR4 with some adjustments on the mounting plates, nothing serious or difficult.
One thing that bothers me though is that it looks a bit too tall.

here are some photos:

g4 rack 2.jpg

G4 Rack.jpg

So I was thinking about either fabricating a more low-profile roof rack (prospeed style) OR trying to import a proper prospeed or safety devices.

ProSpeed would be quite a bit of $$ on a roof rack, on the order of 5000+ BRL plus shipping (I'm probably looking at something on the ballpark of 8k BRL, which translates to close to 2k USD)

I might end up firing up Solidworks and designing something myself, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

What do you guys think? Get the G4 rack? Will it be noisy with wind?

How noisy is the Prospeed rack, empty and with stuff on it?

Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM