Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conleysa

Reaction score
I was searching for a roof rack option for my LR4 and tried the Thule crossbars with the landing pads - really, really loud on the highway. The Landrover factory crossbars were better but still made significant noise and they were so short (42") that it didn't appear I could fit four kayaks on them.

I discovered a company in New Zealand that makes a product called the Whispbar which they claim to be nearly silent so I thought I would give it a try. I am happy to report that they are. I can't tell the difference with the racks on and off - no noticable noise at all - and they are 59" wide so I can stuff tons of boats on top!

They offer a gutter mount option but I went with the track mount and installed the Landrover track first - cause it looks nicer!

Oh and before anyone asks - I have nothing to do with the company in New Zealand - not a part owner or dealer or any such conflicts - just a happy user!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72