Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I had a set from Amazon and they weren't too bad. It did the job. The major differences between that and the Land Rover branded is quality, fitment, and load rating.

I followed the OEM install guide and it works. The quality isn't too bad, but you'll notice what you get fitting the load bars on the rails. Fitment of the load bars to the rails is ok, but the locks on the load bars are a hit and a miss (hard to lock/unlock) when locking or unlocking them. The load rating on the load bars are not as high as OEM, but I was able to mount/use a Front Runner RTT on it without any issues. It also held the RTT in place while going 90+ MPH.

Overall, I was able to live past the minor issues with it and it didn't break the bank.

I got the extended rails and I didn't like them because I didn't have many options to upgrade to a real roof rack. The half rails are your best bet as you have lots of options to upgrade from there.

aakempvt

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. They’re really only going to be used for a roof bag at this point and maybe twice a year. I’d like to have a reason to get a full rack but don’t have a good one yet.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I wouldn't put a roof bag on the load bars. If your bag slips and hit your glass roof, you can potentially crack your roof.

I'd recommend getting a yakima or thule roof cargo box for under $500. Black friday is a good day to get one.

Shamkelhead

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 Autobiog Range Rover and need options for inexpensive roof rack and cross bars. Please advise

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM